GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Exterior / Interior Care (washing, detailing, exterior repairs)

Old 12-01-2016, 10:11 AM   #43
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting281 View Post
geez, are you me? Golf Base 5mt, black, sagging headliner just like in OP's pictures...

$385??? Oh no, I can't afford that, is there no way to do a temporary spot repair? It doesn't need to look perfect, but I'd like to enjoy FL's winter weather while it lasts with the windows down...
The longer you let it go with temp fixes, the further it spreads, especially with the windows down. You'll want to just pull it all down, which doesn't take much to do, or you'll want to fix it asap.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #44
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

By the way, my sunroof shade just dropped on me too, so this is round 2 of roof cloth issues with this car.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:34 PM   #45
fermasast
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 4dr DSG
just did mine. $200 I removed headliner and sunroof shade. Material is pretty much the same. its the HUMIDITY!!! since the headliner being fixed I always make sure I leave the circulation a/c on to avoid the humidity entering the car as much.
fermasast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #46
Short Bus
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '10 GTI
Mine started sagging around the sun visors a year or two ago. It's also a car that's spent most of it's life in humid environments. When it starts to annoy me I was going to hit up an auto fabric shop, I like the alcantara idea.
Short Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:54 PM   #47
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
You can DIY for about $60 but it's still a PITA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #48
Short Bus
FIA GT Newbie

Mine just went from "meh, I can live with it" to "dammit, now this has to be fixed...." It started separating from around the map light cluster.

I'm going to pay someone to do it. Fiddling with a bunch of crappy plastic clips is not my idea of a relaxing day off.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:00 PM   #49
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

My door cards are now going. I almost want to swap over to a full leather interior.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:30 PM   #50
Short Bus
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
My door cards are now going. I almost want to swap over to a full leather interior.
I don't suppose anybody knows where to find the MkVI plaid pattern fabric? Because having that on the door cards might look pretty cool (or it could look atrocious, I'm not good at imagining these things).
Old 12-22-2016, 06:41 PM   #51
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
I don't suppose anybody knows where to find the MkVI plaid pattern fabric? Because having that on the door cards might look pretty cool (or it could look atrocious, I'm not good at imagining these things).
I found the plaid material on a website, but it's expensive. Costs an arm and a leg, I'm sure you can Google it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #52
JSwag420
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '12 CSG DSG GTI
My headliner is sagging around both the driver and passenger sun visors. Took it into the dealer with 5 days left on my warranty and they're replacing the whole headliner no questions asked.
JSwag420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #53
spihawk

Drives: 2010 GTI
Temp fix for those that want one.

I don't have the funds to get this fixed but it makes your car look like cheap trash. Have been running this setup for 3ish weeks. Can go windows down and everything. Looks way better than it sagging down around that light. This did look as bad as any of the other pics I have seen. Huge eyesore.

I used the aluminum piece on the neck of a bottle of Jameson. I imagine any sturdy aluminum will do. Cut little teeth on one side and and cut slits in the headliner to put the teeth through. Was pretty easy.

http://imgur.com/GQ9RsEf
http://imgur.com/XY4TXzQ

Also, be careful removing that light cover. The clips holding it in are made out of the most brittle plastic ever.

Last edited by spihawk; 05-10-2017 at 11:25 AM.
spihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #54
CMGTI
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI
I have it too, trust me, it really pisses me off. For a car thats only 6 years old, this shouldnt be happening. That sad part is everything else in the interior is perfect (to me).
Old 05-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #55
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
stop having so much sex in your cars and building up all that steam to melt the headliner glue

This is the first time ive ever seen the sagging headliner in a mk6 it was notorious for mk4s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #56
MMKAY6
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
My headliner on my 2013 is starting to droop around the sun visor. My car has been garaged since new at home and at work. Really should not happen on such a new car and another strike of many against VW quality with this car.

EDIT: Added a picture to show where the sag/droop is starting around the visor area. Same thing happened to my '07 GTI and started at the same location and got worse fast.

Last edited by MMKAY6; 05-16-2017 at 11:03 PM.
MMKAY6 is offline   Reply With Quote