GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shopping help needed with available options

Barry_G

I'm shopping for a GTI VI and hoping to get some clarification on the options that were available 2010-2014.

Sound:
Were there 3 levels of factory sound available - Standard, Premium and Dynaudio?
Does the "premium" sound consist of the LCD touchscreen head unit? Does it include upgraded speakers or more power?
What upgrades did the "Dynaudio" package inclue? Was it only available as part of a package (Autobahn?)?

Other:
What did Autobahn package and what did Wolfsburg edition include and what years were they offered?
Was NAV only available as part of a package (which one)? What sound upgrades (if any) are included with NAV? There is no live traffic updates available in the USA NAV, correct?
What packages included different wheels?
Was auto dimming rear view mirror included as standard or a package option?
A sun roof and a non-opening moon roof were offered at times?
Were there lighting options?

Thanks very much for clarification on these questions or any helpful options comments!

Update: After some more shopping in person and online today, it seems that I need the Autobahn package if I want HID lights in MY 2013. And that package also includes NAV, Dynaudio Lite, sunroof and leather if I have it right.​

Last edited:

zsm722

Ready to race!
So, I believe there are two speakers, standard, and Dynaudio.
the base headunit (RCD-310), (non-touchscreen) pairs to standard speakers.
The touchscreen LCD (RCD-510, no nav) pairs to standard speakers as well.
Another smaller touchscreen LCD(RNS-315) includes NAV and pairs to Dynaudio, which is available on the Autobahn.

Autobahn = fully loaded = leather + dynaudio + everything else
Wolfsburg came out in 2013, and included the Laguna alloy wheels, cloth interior, HID w/LED DRL, and RCD-510 or possible nav upgrade I believe, sunroof
in 2010, most options were a la carte so you could find a base model with leather for example.
Base = halogen headlights, RCD-310, cloth interior, no sunroof

Excluding that, the 18" Serron wheel came out in 2012 and is considered the wheel that is packaged with the Autobahn

Before Serron in 2012, the 18" Detroit wheels were optioned as the top of the line wheel.
base wheels = 17" Silver Denver wheels

You can't get autodimming rearview mirror in US, but you can retrofit it for ~$300-350

Only Moonroof was offered (glass tilt and slide panel)

good luck!:)

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
So, I believe there are two speakers, standard, and Dynaudio.
the base headunit (RCD-310), (non-touchscreen) pairs to standard speakers.
The touchscreen LCD (RCD-510, no nav) pairs to standard speakers as well.
Another smaller touchscreen LCD(RNS-315) includes NAV and pairs to Dynaudio, which is available on the Autobahn.

Autobahn = fully loaded = leather + dynaudio + everything else
Wolfsburg came out in 2013, and included the Laguna alloy wheels, cloth interior, HID w/LED DRL, and RCD-510 or possible nav upgrade I believe, sunroof
in 2010, most options were a la carte so you could find a base model with leather for example.
Base = halogen headlights, RCD-310, cloth interior, no sunroof

Excluding that, the 18" Serron wheel came out in 2012 and is considered the wheel that is packaged with the Autobahn

Before Serron in 2012, the 18" Detroit wheels were optioned as the top of the line wheel.
base wheels = 17" Silver Denver wheels

You can't get autodimming rearview mirror in US, but you can retrofit it for ~$300-350

Only Moonroof was offered (glass tilt and slide panel)

good luck!:)

You're describing the Drivers Editions up there. The Wolfsburg was basically a base model. Rcd 310 halogens, etc. But did have the Lagunas I believe.

zsm722

Ready to race!
Woops you are right. ^