GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 10-08-2014, 02:08 AM   #113
Injen1us
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: MK6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by valj View Post
Great work! Vagmotorshop.ru here in Moscow has performed 3 similar AWD transplants recently, with the entire process being entirely plug-and-play except cutting off the niche for the spare wheel in the boot. Their K04 cars are demonstrating 0-100 km/h times of 3.8 sec.
They are also integrating the mk6 gti with the S-tronic 7 speed tranny from the RS3 which sustains massive torque levels.

Badass

Radical Edward
Injen1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #114
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGTI View Post
Will we get a wiring diagram for the haldex and double fuel pump?
I will not be posting, it isnt too many wires though total 9. The harness above is the awd one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valj View Post
Great work! Vagmotorshop.ru here in Moscow has performed 3 similar AWD transplants recently, with the entire process being entirely plug-and-play except cutting off the niche for the spare wheel in the boot. Their K04 cars are demonstrating 0-100 km/h times of 3.8 sec.
They are also integrating the mk6 gti with the S-tronic 7 speed tranny from the RS3 which sustains massive torque levels.
You do need to cut and weld the floor plus add the awd brackets and wire it. not hard but not plug and play as may would think here on this forum, I dont want to get anyone too excited here. also need the trans.

USA gets the shaft on a few things overseas AWD manual is common in the 02q flavor (USA only golf R) and you can get the DQ500 where we don't have one. Would have used that instead, if i break it i guys i will have to think about importing one.

If I wasnt converting to dsg it would be easier.
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #115
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

MORE PARTS!!!!!

Only the good stuff - Wavetrac from Autotech

Old 10-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #116
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
Pretty sweet stuff. If you have the DSG trans cracked open (or when you do), could you post pics of what it looks like in there and how involved it is to install the wavetrack and new clutchpacks? I'm curious as to why the labor is so intense on DSG.
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #117
Tom@APTuning
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: 2010 GTI S3+, 2012 Golf R S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
Pretty sweet stuff. If you have the DSG trans cracked open (or when you do), could you post pics of what it looks like in there and how involved it is to install the wavetrack and new clutchpacks? I'm curious as to why the labor is so intense on DSG.
Internally they are very similar to the the 6spd manual, just more work to get to the internals and more parts/seals needed then a manual once they are opened.
Tom@APTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #118
VanDorin91
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 Candy White DSG GTI
This build is coming together and looking great! Cant wait to see whats next. Keep up the hard work.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #119
TwistedGTI
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by U-20T View Post
I will not be posting, it isnt too many wires though total 9. The harness above is the awd.
May I ask why? It would help others who want to do this and eliminate any potential issues for the next person...
Originally Posted by Aries Pope View Post
it's kind of like measuring your dick with silly putty.
TwistedGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #120
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGTI View Post
May I ask why? It would help others who want to do this and eliminate any potential issues for the next person...
You need to wire it correctly, to put it simple. There are slight variations throughout cars and models so I am not putting it out there. Wire it wrong and you can say goodbye to a bunch of expensive electronics. Not going to happen from me, if someone wants to do it they will figure it out.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #121
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@APTuning View Post
Internally they are very similar to the the 6spd manual, just more work to get to the internals and more parts/seals needed then a manual once they are opened.
Like Tom said they are very similar (DSG-6MT), it basically looks like a manual with hydraulics and some sensors.

Cost is more labor, more to take apart and its also heavier. You also need to replace some parts when opening when you don't do with a manual.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #122
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Quote:
Harness work - one of a few... using oem style harness tape and twisting for data, do it right or don't do it at all.
Twisting for data? I've always used the drill trick to twist wires together just to keep everything looking nice. But their is something with data behind it also? Never knew!

Either way, good shit man!
vwgti2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #123
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****2.0t View Post
Twisting for data? I've always used the drill trick to twist wires together just to keep everything looking nice. But their is something with data behind it also? Never knew!

Either way, good shit man!
Data is twisted to help with interference/noise, all cat5/6 is like that too.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #124
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Compiling a few photos of the trans build, this is an AWD 02E -

Before build -

Opening up - Note there is more oil than you could ever think possible still in the trans even after you drain it.

Manual trans out -

Limited Slip Diff - Yes Wavetrac is the best, put that power to the ground.

Getting some paint and getting ready to install

Waiting on a few parts still and this oem style cooler will not be used.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #125
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Quote:
Data is twisted to help with interference/noise, all cat5/6 is like that too.
Gotcha, that makes sense. I have noticed this with ethernet cable as well. Learn something new everyday!
vwgti2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #126
Tom@APTuning
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: 2010 GTI S3+, 2012 Golf R S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****2.0t View Post
Gotcha, that makes sense. I have noticed this with ethernet cable as well. Learn something new everyday!
My teachers would be mad for not remember exactly why but twisting it makes it less likely for electrical interference or something like that.
Tom@APTuning is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awd swap, big money, big turbo, mk6 gti, u-20t, unitronic