GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Younger GTI owners car payments

Yadadameans

Ready to race!
I got this car when I was 17 in high school. New 2011 with 12 miles on it. My parents paid it off in one payment on the spot. I am thankful for my parents. I tried paying for some of my insurance. It got tough for me so my parents are just paying for me now. I had three tickets so that raised my insurance even more. Now I'm 20 and trying to mod the car. Been doing small mods since I got it and drive it like I stole it. :D

OTD around 29k with fees and taxes

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Touche. I hesitate to ask how hard a hit you took when you swapped up... I just found out a friend of mine bought a loaded G37S and is paying over 900 a month. That's like... almost 4x my car payment.

I actually got exactly what I owed on the TDI for trade in. I put 0 down and kept my same monthly payment.

Spirius

Ready to race!
Got my car for my 18th birthday almost a year ago under my mom's name. Financed at 3%. I pay the monthly payment, gas, maintenance and all my mods. She pays insurance. It's the least she can do considering she puts a roof over my head and pays for things that most people take for granted like my cell phone bill.

She wouldn't do this if I wasn't doing shit with my life.
I work full time and am a full time student. I'm also lucky enough to get aid for my classes.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I did a lot of stock market stuff too. It's odd for someone my age to do it but I just found it interesting. I kept taking online courses and tutorials, and taught myself.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yadadameans

Ready to race!
Got my car for my 18th birthday almost a year ago under my mom's name. Financed at 3%. I pay the monthly payment, gas, maintenance and all my mods. She pays insurance. It's the least she can do considering she puts a roof over my head and pays for things that most people take for granted like my cell phone bill.

She wouldn't do this if I wasn't doing shit with my life.
I work full time and am a full time student. I'm also lucky enough to get aid for my classes.

Left over financial aid money for mods :D

DgilesRN

Bought mine brand new in Jan. 2011 (car is a 2011). First new car, and had graduated college 6 months before. I turned 23 like 10 days before I bought the car.

1.9% APR, 60 months, $1500 down, no cosigner. Paid it off in June of this year.

FWIW, I'm not sure if VW still has this, but they used to have a "recent college grad" program which is what I used. I believe you can get it 6-12 months before you grauate if you have a job offer and you can use it up to a year after you graduate. If you have had no bad marks on your credit, you get the best interest rate possible at the time and VW even pays your first months payment. So basically I got 1.9% interest and a free $450 (first payment) for being a college grad. Definitely something to look into.

I would assume anyone under 18 that has this car, it's being paid by mommy and daddy. I would also assume most people still in college with this car, it's being paid by mommy and daddy with a few exceptions. Over 18 with a good job I don't see it being too tough to make the payments though. I know people that never went to college and went into the union right after high school and immediately started making some pretty decent coin.

This.

I graduated nursing school in late 2012 and bought the car a week later under this deal. Locked into 1.9% for a brand new GTI with no credit history at all. Payments are more affordable for me than I originally thought-- could have totally afforded an .:R :bonk:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I bought my car @ 19 in April of 2013. It's a '12 2-door manual. 15k miles at the time of purchase (CPO). Sticker price was 22.5, this car was my family's 5th VW purchased from the same dealer so they sold it for 19 before tax and what not. It's under my parents' name, however I've been saving up for a GTI since I was 14 (working a job since then too) so I had 7k for a down payment. I decided to do 6k on the down payment, and invest in the tire insurance package. with that, i'm at 60 months, 300 flat/month. interest 2.99%.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
From what Ive read of it sounds like there are a few people who arent the ones making the payments on it... im not hating, I would let someone pay the bill for me too if I could

:word:.... sadly mommy and daddy didnt give me shit, ive been paying for all of my cars, since i was sixteen. that high school and working my ass off. lol

birdseed404

Ready to race!
Honestly, parents are paying for it all until I graduate in May. I've paid for all the aftermarket and maintenance items however.

Bouse

Ready to race!
24, my gti was 21.5k before t&t, after a 1.5k downpayment and 1.5k from trade in on my srt4(i owed 5k and got 6.5k for it iirc) I'm paying $320 a month with 2.9% interest. I'm doubling up/tripling my payments and should have it done by mid/late 2016.

Ludey849

Ready to race!
2011 2door Base Golf 5speed. CPO 20K miles $13k.
Financed under my moms name to not get raped by intrest, i pay the monthly payment plus insurance.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Got my 2012 gti dsg brand new about 2 1/2 yrs ago no cosigner...at the time i was 23 im 25 now total before taxes on the car was 29.8k i pay 350 monthly for it
I put 1800 down on mine i forgot to mention that.

Last edited: