GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Integrated Engineering Golf R Performance Products Thread

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
You posted almost 7 weeks ago

"The kits are being packed and verified as we speak"

How much longer will it take to pack these 450T kits for the Golf R ?

Will they be ready anytime in 2015 or is this more like a 2016 and beyond delivery date?

Hw only

Im gonna repeat myself... They should have stuck with hardware and they would probably have sold many kits by now including mine.. Med 9 is much easier than Med 17 in many ways so anyone waiting for the tsi ie 450 can forget about it..

Now that the tune is ready in the test car they probably realised there're other challenges such as encryption, server system, etc

The tease and hype were started in November, wonder when it will actually it the shelves

Will they be ready anytime in 2015 or is this more like a 2016 and beyond delivery date?

thegave

Ready to race!
I don't think they're having any trouble with MED9; I'm running a pre-release Stage 1 tune on my R and I haven't had any problems with it in the last 5000+ miles.

I get that it's pretty frustrating to be strung along for weeks (months) with unkept promises but I doubt anyone is out of pocket and I would rather IE release a flawless product than rush it out with flaws to please consumers and then make corrections further down the line.

Judging from the inlet manifold release IE has pretty high QC standards so it wouldn't surprise me if some kit component didn't pass the test either. I don't think anyone is going to die if they don't go BT this year.

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
I don't think they're having any trouble with MED9; I'm running a pre-release Stage 1 tune on my R and I haven't had any problems with it in the last 5000+ miles.

I get that it's pretty frustrating to be strung along for weeks (months) with unkept promises but I doubt anyone is out of pocket and I would rather IE release a flawless product than rush it out with flaws to please consumers and then make corrections further down the line.

Judging from the inlet manifold release IE has pretty high QC standards so it wouldn't surprise me if some kit component didn't pass the test either. I don't think anyone is going to die if they don't go BT this year.

All of the above maybe true but it is also true that if you want respect as a professional organization you DO NOT state that a product is being pack as we speak and 7 weeks later you deliver nothing but excuses.

IMO a company that can't estimate and make a delivery date is only proving they are dealing with an unreasonable amount of failure most likely due to lack of knowledge and experience.

Last edited:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion

All of the above maybe true but it is also true that if you want respect as a professional organization you DO NOT state that a product is being pack as we speak and 7 weeks later you deliver nothing but excuses.

IMO a company that can't estimate and make a delivery date is only proving they are dealing with an unreasonable amount of failure most likely due to lack of knowledge and experience.

Both opinions are good and I agree more with Turbo Beetle except that IE is a NAME company and sure they have the knowledge and experience.
IMO what stated here was not the IE opinion as they never say and publish in their website any words like packing or ready , they keep saying under development and testing and they never mentioned a date. It probably will be end of 2015 or beginning of 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
May be more indicative of an internal disconnect between development and PR.

REALLY?

When they post on this site that they are packing kits as we speak and 7 weeks later they have nothing well that is one huge disconnect.

BTW what if your boss or customer requested an update on a project you are working on and your reply is it's ready to pack as we speak and 7 weeks later you have nothing my best guess is you most likely lost your job or customer.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Woah. A lot of speculation and incorrect accusations being thrown around in here, let me help to best answer some of these concerns.

This is true, and they are packed and ready to ship. We had a customer car in around that time to install a kit onto a completely stock Golf R from ground up. This allowed us to verify the fitment of every single component as shipped from the box. It also allowed us to record every step to generate our install media, that alone is a huge step and a lot of work. From there, to make sure everything was absolutely ready (this is a huge product with a lot of components), we also did a "soft release". This release allowed us to sell multiple kits to a selection of IE dealers and customers to gather feedback of the kit and to ensure the quality install from non-IE techs and engineers. Everything has been 100% perfect. As of now, we are gathering the rest of our data, media, descriptions, and press release info for full retail sales. At this point, the Golf R kit is on schedule for release in about a week.

Im gonna repeat myself... They should have stuck with hardware and they would probably have sold many kits by now including mine.. Med 9 is much easier than Med 17 in many ways so anyone waiting for the tsi ie 450 can forget about it..

Now that the tune is ready in the test car they probably realised there're other challenges such as encryption, server system, etc

The tease and hype were started in November, wonder when it will actually it the shelves

Software has never been an issue or something that is holding us back at all. Believe me that engineering parts, designing, testing, prototyping, approving, building tools, molds, casting, fabricating, fixtures, supply lines, testing etc... that goes into building the many various parts of hardware in these kits takes much longer than developing software.

Also, there has never been an ETA for the MK6 TSI kits, everything we have always talked about in updates has been for the Golf R kit. I have said that we are working on a TSI kit, and we are. I have said it is following behind the Golf R kit, and it is. We have two engineers dedicated to that working on that kit right now. Its coming along very smoothly, and will be just as impressive as the Golf R kit.

We are not experiencing any unexpected failures, in fact by performing a soft release and having these installed on multiple cars before a big market release has only shown we are batting 100 for these so far.
I don't understand this lack of knowledge or experience accusation, we have been building big power and very technical internal engine components for many years. Including numerous VW/Audi 4 cylinder world record holders, and many, many race engine long blocks around the world. Making big turbo/big power setups, is our expertise.

REALLY?

When they post on this site that they are packing kits as we speak and 7 weeks later they have nothing well that is one huge disconnect.

BTW what if your boss or customer requested an update on a project you are working on and your reply is it's ready to pack as we speak and 7 weeks later you have nothing my best guess is you most likely lost your job or customer.

I'm doing my best to update you guys on the development of these exciting projects here. It is just that, a look behind the scenes into the development of a highly anticipated, complex, and large product at that. It is never something we set out to rush to the market as quickly as possible, if that is what you want those kits exist. We set out to make the highest quality, best performing turbo kit we could manufacture using the highest quality components in design and material needed. We are very happy with this kit, its going to make a lot of people very happy with the performance its putting out, I guarantee it. I have seen it already.

The Golf R kits are proven themselves market ready, we are finishing up everything needed to get them out on the market now... within about a week.

Last edited:

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Do you think the MKV 2.0T FSI kit can be released within a week too ?

I can't say, we need to hook up the Golf R kit onto our KM5 shell and test fit all that hardware. If it all fits correctly, then its just a matter of adapting the software to that platform. Once the Golf R kit is on the market we can free up some time to follow through on the MK5 platform as well.

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
"We are not experiencing any unexpected failures, in fact by performing a soft release and having these installed on multiple cars before a big market release has only shown we are batting 100 for these so far."

When you say "batting 100 so far" I hope this is not a baseball reference because batting 100 means you are only getting a hit 1 out of 10 times at bat.

Thanks for the update and I am sure if soft release is as perfect as you say it is we will should see some glowing reviews with some dynos and 1/4 mile results.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
"We are not experiencing any unexpected failures, in fact by performing a soft release and having these installed on multiple cars before a big market release has only shown we are batting 100 for these so far."

When you say "batting 100 so far" I hope this is not a baseball reference because batting 100 means you are only getting a hit 1 out of 10 times at bat.

Thanks for the update and I am sure if soft release is as perfect as you say it is we will should see some glowing reviews with some dynos and 1/4 mile results.

You found my weakness, sports references. lol. I swear that was a saying...
Anyway, we are running 100% as expected so far.

Reviews and dynos coming coming up sir.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Take a look at this (for you non believers)
http://youtu.be/IYaDnDitYq4

It's looking good. Let's hope the TSI gets the same love soon.