GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I just noticed

HawaiiMKVI

Ready to race!
Fold in mirrors have been out for a long time now. I'm sure that your last car had it. For your rear wiper, push your wiper switch forward, not up or down. Push forward once to wipe, forward again to spray.

Appreciate that, thanks :w00t:.

ecniv

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the explanation on the arm rest (center) as I had accidentally partially opened and it wouldn't close until fully opened lol... thought I had bust it or it was sticking. Makes sense now ! :)

Will be checking the visor extensions tho...

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
Ive noticed when its raining if the wipers are on and you stop the wipers change to the slow setting automatically and start back up when you go again

Clempson13

Ready to race!
the arm rest staying up thing is probably the most annoying thing on the car IMO. whenever i reach into it and grab something out of that little tray that is under there i don't open the cover all the way so it sticks up when i go to close it. oh well

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Ive noticed when its raining if the wipers are on and you stop the wipers change to the slow setting automatically and start back up when you go again

I read this 3 times and still don't understand the senario you're stating.

honkbruno

Ready to race!

I read this 3 times and still don't understand the senario you're stating.

When you're driving with your windshield wipers on (not in the intermittent setting) and then come to a stop, the wipers slow down as if you had them on the intermittent setting. When the car is no longer stopped the windshield wipers speed back up. Driving = normal wiper speed. Stopped = intermittent wiper speed.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Any settings with wipers active, you slow down/stop they either turn off or go really slowly so your not at a light with the wipers still going really fast.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Thank you. I've not noticed that about the wipers. But then again, its Seattles dry season so I've only driven in the rain a few times since buying the car in May.

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
the whole visor thing reminds me when my brother in law was trying to sell me his 2006 GTI. "The only thing I hate about this car is the stupid tiny sun visors! if only they came out a little bit.... oh.... WHOA!"

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Convert them to mp3s.

Thanks MonthOLDpickle:

MP3's is the way to go, shows Album, song and artist, windows media player will put them in either format.

And the sun-visor does slide/extend on a rail, that's nice too, hadn't tried that before either.

Last edited:

maverick_uae

Passed Driver's Ed
here's another one thing i found out a coupla days ago.. did you guys know that after you turn the sunroof dial to MAX (SLIDE).. you can turn it a lil beyond max.. and if you hold it in that position for about 2 seconds.. the lil part of the sunroof that sticks out will go further inside!

i had no clue it could do that!

FlyingYeti

Passed Driver's Ed
I have two door version and just noticed small pocket sized storages under the armrests (window side) for the rear seat. I began to carry my phone charger there.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
here's another one thing i found out a coupla days ago.. did you guys know that after you turn the sunroof dial to MAX (SLIDE).. you can turn it a lil beyond max.. and if you hold it in that position for about 2 seconds.. the lil part of the sunroof that sticks out will go further inside!

i had no clue it could do that!

Its designed to keep it partially open to keep the sunroof from booming at freeway speeds.

nik

Go Kart Champion
I just noticed there is a random elastic band hanging above my gas pedal from a bracket or harness...