GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Advice with Downpipe

S'moreTRQ

Hi Everyone, I currently have an AWE catback and otherwise my car is stock. I am going to be adding a downpipe and I was going to get the AWE downpipe because of the no CEL guarantee but it is too expensive. My main thing with the downpipe is sound, I want a more aggressive and louder sound. Basically want to know two things. Does anyone have an AWE catback with an aftermarket downpipe that sounds aggressive. The second thing is, for those of you running an aftermarket downpipe I know all about stage 1/2 and o2 sensor spacers, but does anyone have success with their downpipe not throwing a CEL with only the spacers and a stock tune? I'm going to get a tune down the road but really want to know who has had success with o2 sensor spacers and who has that aggressive sound I search for. Thanks so much.

Charlotte CC

Ready to race!
I have a APR down pipe and AWE cat back. I have no problem with CEL in stock mode because I use a spacer. I have a model year 2012. I think the newer the car, the harder using a spacer becomes, because the cars are getting smarter.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Apr downpipe and catback. 2013 Cbfa engine with 1 42dd o2 spacer. Only throws CEL on long highway road trips ~500miles. Usually clears itself on way back. Never get cel any other time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Probably any downpipe will help, but you may want to think about a different catback and sell the AWE.

songyun

Ready to race!
catless and non-res will make it louder