GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Beluga Racing Catback Exhaust

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
I almost bought this thing a few times. The main issue that will come up with this catback is the front connector is straight 2.5". It might leak a bit since the factory pipe in front of it is 2.37". You might get lucky if the oem sleeve can seal both ends successfully.

then again, if you have an aftermarket downpipe, it could be a different story all together. I see you have an SPM downpipe? Same issue likely, since that downpipe would use a factory mate down reducer.

looking forward to the review.

Ahhh, I was wondering about that. Hmm, we shall see.

Btw plac, it's an honor to have you sub'ed on my review. You're a huge inspiration for all my DIY's (in fact, I will be re-watching your brake videos again this weekend, as I will be doing SS lines, fluid bleed, new rotors and pads for the first time), and why I decided to do a comprehensive review on this piece :)

songyun

Ready to race!
Yes. It is $350, SHIPPED. :w00t:

thats good. my body wants to buy this also. but he said what the hell is this price cuz he checked the Beluga cbe from offical website is like $1000+ .
then he worry about it and still, he has not bought this yet. lol

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
thats good. my body wants to buy this also. but he said what the hell is this price cuz he checked the Beluga cbe from offical website is like $1000+ .
then he worry about it and still, he has not bought this yet. lol

Haha. Yes, that is correct, and I understand his concern. However, there's another thread where a couple guys and I were discussing the pricing difference:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92044

It is normal for ebay exhausts (or, essentially newer or smaller companies, compared to the big name brands) to be sold way less than on their websites (if they have a website). Godspeed, Manzo, J2, and another one that I forgot the names of, do this. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ebay vendors have changed their name over the last couple years, just to rebrand their product. I don't believe Beluga is a rebranded brand. If you check their website, you will see they have decent history, and cater to other make and model cars :w00t:

Last edited:

songyun

Ready to race!
Haha. Yes, that is correct, and I understand his concern. However, there's another thread where a couple guys and I were discussing the pricing difference:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92044

It is normal for ebay exhausts (or, essentially newer or smaller companies, compared to the big name brands) to be sold way less than on their websites (if they have a website). Godspeed, Manzo, J2, and another one that I forgot the names of, do this. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ebay vendors have changed their name over the last couple years, just to rebrand their product. I don't believe Beluga is a rebranded brand. If you check their website, you will see they have decent history, and cater to other make and model cars :w00t:

cool. ive told my body. see if hes gonna get one lol.
good to know that :thumbsup:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Almost looks smaller than 2.5" piping.. Is it actually closer to 2.37" like stock? If so, it might mate to that Oem sleeve pretty good.

Dooger213

Passed Driver's Ed
Sub'd, I've almost pulled the trigger a couple times on this thing as well lol

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
YUP! My favorite style for our cars. I don't like the look of the no-canister/suitcase CBE's, and prefer the duals over the single suitcase (e.g. Unitronic, Eurojet, stock)

I actually prefer the OEM suitcase > Magnaflow style > SPM style... but that just me... However my Milltek do have two silencer but is not a huge one so I don't notice it lol.

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
honestly had mine for a year with no complaints. I felt like i was the only one that had it haha but its good to see another member having it. I honestly never scrape it and i drive pretty low. Well i do scrape the tips haha. For a cbe i have no complaints, now i just have to work on getting a downpipe.