GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***KMDTuning Clutch Kit***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank@KMD1

Go Kart Champion
KMDTuning is proud to present a street/track clutch kit for the daily driver and weekend racer!

Kit features:
-Modified Audi TT-RS Pressure Plate with custom made ceramic-metallic disc for a full contact surface.
-Unlike some clutch kits on the market that use a wider face disc which will cause an overhang, the KMD kit was designed to work with the full diameter of the Audi TT-RS pressure plate.
-The ceramic-metallic disc is also thicker than other kits which will offer a longer life from the clutch.

Why did we go with ceramic-metallic instead of organic? Here's just a few reasons why we decided to be different.
-The eight ceramic-metallic trapezoidal-shaped buttons have a very low inertia.
-Organic facings tend to fade as they heat and a ceramic-metallic button clutch is designed to operate at high working temperatures without fading.
-Button type ceramic-metallic plates use only about 50% of the flywheel and pressure plate surfaces during clutch engagement. This improves heat transfer by as much as 100%.
-Ceramic-metallic button-style clutch facings are very durable and have the unique ability to grab better as it heats.
-Button type pads do not warp during use unlike full ring metallic or organic linings.
-Button type pads prevent scoring of the friction faces, as they allow the dust worn from the friction surfaces to be thrown clear of the clutch areas.
-Ceramic-metallic materials are less sensitive to grease and oil contamination than organic asbestos based linings.

Kit Contains:
-Modified Audi TT-RS Pressure Plate
-Ceramic-Metallic Clutch Disc
-Pressure Plate Bolts
-Metal OEM Slave Cylinder
-Slave Cylinder Bolts

Application Guide:
-MK5 FSI / TSI
-MK6 TSI
-Beetle TSI
-CC TSI
-MK6 Golf R TFSI
-MK7 TSI Gen 3

$1149.99
FREE SHIPPING!

"This Clutch kit is built to order and ships between 2-3 days"

Message me to order!

Last edited:

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
1. What is the torque rating?
2. What is the recommended break in period?
3. Can I have for free?
4. Disregard question 3

Frank@KMD1

Go Kart Champion
1. What is the torque rating?
2. What is the recommended break in period?
3. Can I have for free?
4. Disregard question 3

1. 520-530 ft/lbs tq
2. 500 miles city or 1000 Highway. (no hard boosting during break in period...)
3. Delivery is Free only :D

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I plan on k04, eventually, so I think this thing should be more than enough. Thanks frank....or holy hell!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Between this or a SB Stage 3 daily- Looking for something with a stockish pedal feel & and little to no chatter

Then the SB Stage 3 daily with single mass flywheel is NOT what you want. I can vouch for the smoothness and quietness of the OEM dual mass flywheel and slightlt stiffer but stock pedal feel of the Audi TT-RS PP. The only part I'm interested in is the engagement feel of the ceramic-metallic unsprung disc.

Shia8j

Go Kart Champion
Then the SB Stage 3 daily with single mass flywheel is NOT what you want. I can vouch for the smoothness and quietness of the OEM dual mass flywheel and slightlt stiffer but stock pedal feel of the Audi TT-RS PP. The only part I'm interested in is the engagement feel of the ceramic-metallic unsprung disc.

Im not very versed in clutches do you know what sort of characteristics ceramic-matallic unsparing disks have and if so can you explain?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Im not very versed in clutches do you know what sort of characteristics ceramic-matallic unsparing disks have and if so can you explain?

Just a better bite or grab once the clutch disc is engaged. I would expect it to be similar to the feramic/metallic disc that the Stage 3 daily kit uses as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.