GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR's Motorsport Launch Limiter & No-Lift Shift Now Available for the MK6 Golf R.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

APR's Motorsport Launch Limiter and No-Lift Shift features are now available for the North American Golf R! These two features can be added to any stage at the time of install and are available.

APR Motorsport Launch Limiter

APR’s Motorsport Launch Limiter is an optional feature that eliminates turbo lag and provides a user adjustable launching RPM to aid in vehicle acceleration from a complete stand still. Simply hold the clutch and accelerator while the vehicle is stationary and the engine’s RPM will hold at a predefined limit while boost pressure builds using a “clean,” catalytic converter safe, strategy. With the vehicle stationary, handbrake applied and clutch disengaged, the driver can set the launch RPM by raising the engine’s RPM and pressing the brake pedal to set and save the desired launching RPM. With practice, this method can result in violent acceleration off the line! This feature is for manual transmissions only.

APR Motorsport No-Lift Shift

APR’s Motorsport No-Lift Shift is an optional feature that allows the driver to maximize acceleration by reducing power, boost and time lost during a gear change. With the vehicle above 20 km/h and the accelerator pedal held above 98%, during a gear change, the strategy activates. The throttle remains open and boost pressure is not vented, resulting in more power immediately after a shift. This is achieved using a “clean,” catalytic converter safe, strategy, while the ECU automatically sets the appropriate time necessary for a torque intervention, allowing proper syncro alignment. No end user adjustment is necessary. The driver simply focuses on shifting as fast as possible! This feature is for manual transmissions only.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Ah beat me to it. Good stuff, this'll make a big difference. Any hope that you will bring this to other platforms? MK5/6/7? It can make a crazy big difference in ET's

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
^

Going k04 real soon, would like to know if I should wait for extra features. This sounds great

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Internally we've discussed offering these features for more platforms. We've begun by offering each feature separately so you can choose if you want the adjustable launch limiter, no-lift shift, or both as we suspect many with FWD vehicles will opt for NLS first. I can't say for sure if we'll have it for the MK6 and 7 GTI yet, but should we, you'll all be the first to know!

NLeo

Ready to race!
Internally we've discussed offering these features for more platforms. We've begun by offering each feature separately so you can choose if you want the adjustable launch limiter, no-lift shift, or both as we suspect many with FWD vehicles will opt for NLS first. I can't say for sure if we'll have it for the MK6 and 7 GTI yet, but should we, you'll all be the first to know!

I hope we get it for the mk6 gti Ive been waiting too long! Is there a way we can make it a "dirty" nls instead of "clean and cat safe"?. I know united motorsports has a clean and dirty launch control tune for their mk4 r32 tune so it should be possible. I want flames!!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I hope we get it for the mk6 gti Ive been waiting too long!

Just so we're all on the same page, if we do release it, it will likely be for the same price as the MK6 R. That means $99 for NLS and $99 for the launch limiter. These are optional features that are extra and are not currently rolled into any packaged deal, update, etc.

So with that said, are people still interested in these two $99 each features?

Is there a way we can make it a "dirty" nls instead of "clean and cat safe"?

Probably, but it's also bad for the turbo, that's why we went with the clean method.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Just so we're all on the same page, if we do release it, it will likely be for the same price as the MK6 R. That means $99 for NLS and $99 for the launch limiter. These are optional features that are extra and are not currently rolled into any packaged deal, update, etc.

So with that said, are people still interested in these two $99 each features?

Well since it's already on the FSI platform, Id bet coming out for the MK5's would be simple to say the least. To answer your question: YES. Had you had this stuff sooner not only would I have bought it, but I probably wouldn't have switched from APR to DM (Maybe).

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I'd consider $99 for both, but it wouldn't be an easy decision for me. $50 would be an "oh sure, tack it on" consumable for me.

FL_GTI

Ready to race!