GOLFMKV

Dado's CW 2010 Golf 2.5L

Stormtrooper8

My stormtrooper :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davserbic

Ready to race!

RINSE AND REPEAT

Stepped out today to take a few photos and found this cool ally. Pulled out my tripod and pretty much as soon as I got set up, a car wants to roll on through. Run back in, air up, move aside, reverse back, align car, air out. Happened to me 4 times haha -- rinse and repeat.

More in Photostream if click on photo.

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

COCKPIT UPGRADE COMPLETE

Finally got around to installing the MFSW! Baseline to Golf R! This features the MFSW buttons for radio and display functions and "rare" dark gray stitching.

What a difference this wheel makes! I feel much more confident and at ease when going through turns or corners due to the ergonomic grip support and flat bottom design. The perforated leather allows for better grip contact between the wheel and my hands. Overall, it significantly improves the driving sensation and refines and enhances the aesthetic within the cabin.

Ended up only needing theses:

PARTS LIST:
  • PN: 5K0419091ARASZ ---------- Golf R MultiFunction Steering Wheel (Without Paddles)
  • PN: 1K0953549CH ---------------- GTI/Golf R MultiFunction Steering Wheel Control Module (SCCM - Highline Version)
  • PN: 5K0971584C ---------------- GTI/Golf R Airbag Harness

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

FINALLY, SHE'S BREATHING

For a while I've been on the hunt for one of these and I finally got one!

The APR Carbonio CAI for the 2.5L is unique because it is a true cold air intake. The tubing and air filter are routed lower down the bumper for better induction design because it actually pulls air from outside the engine bay. This ensures that the engine optimizes power by receiving the coldest and most oxygen rich air possible.

Paired with the Beetle 2.5 Engine Cover, i think it makes the engine bay look utterly amazing.

davserbic

Ready to race!

READY FOR TINT

Scheduled an appointment to get my windows tinted!

Really excited about it — I think this is something that has been LONG overdue. I have always liked the feeling of privacy you get when sitting inside a tinted car; nice and comforting. Its not really a functional move because it doesn't get that hot in Virginia that you need the tint. It just really comes down to the fact that...

IT. LOOKS. GOOD.

Also, just tired of tinting my windows in photoshop! :) That stupid?

davserbic

Ready to race!

RECENT INSPIRATION

Saw this and felt really really inspired. I wanted to take a second and write this out to think on how dope would it be to have some Rose Gold wheels?

Rose Gold wheels are a delightful and unique alternative to the common Gold wheels. The color goes in and out of style within the tech and fashion industry, and right now it’s very much back in. Rose gold communicates luxury and conveys a sense of opulence and comfort in my opinion. I am addicted to the subliminal feeling and sense of peace and calm that washes over me as I glare into the color. Im not sure if these are actually Rose Gold or if its the reflection a cheesy sunset or something on the polished wheel but regardless, I think it looks reeeeeeally nice. The styling is super clean, trendy yet subtle.

I believe it continues to dance on that line of luxury styling rather than performance styling getting me closer and closer to a great OEM+ look.]

My question is, can you use VINYL WRAP on wheels rather than paint?

Roctre

Ready to race!

RECENT INSPIRATION

Saw this and felt really really inspired. I wanted to take a second and write this out to think on how dope would it be to have some Rose Gold wheels?

Rose Gold wheels are a delightful and unique alternative to the common Gold wheels. The color goes in and out of style within the tech and fashion industry, and right now it’s very much back in. Rose gold communicates luxury and conveys a sense of opulence and comfort in my opinion. I am addicted to the subliminal feeling and sense of peace and calm that washes over me as I glare into the color. Im not sure if these are actually Rose Gold or if its the reflection a cheesy sunset or something on the polished wheel but regardless, I think it looks reeeeeeally nice. The styling is super clean, trendy yet subtle.

I believe it continues to dance on that line of luxury styling rather than performance styling getting me closer and closer to a great OEM+ look.]

My question is, can you use VINYL WRAP on wheels rather than paint?

You can but it doesnt last very long on wheels
The other option you have is powder coating only thing is there isn't really a true rose gold to my knowledge out there. You could do a copper colored powder https://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PPS-2618/TRANS-COPPER-II/ is somewhat close.

Last edited:

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!

How much roll did you need on the rear? I'm down 1.8" on the rear with an h&r cup kit but I'm getting h&r ultra lows soon and want more low. 18x9.5 as well as 215/40

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Also where the hell did you get a carbonio?!!

davserbic

Ready to race!

How much roll did you need on the rear? I'm down 1.8" on the rear with an h&r cup kit but I'm getting h&r ultra lows soon and want more low. 18x9.5 as well as 215/40

I rolled mine just enough to fit between tire and rim on my 18x9.5 et35s. I think it was maybe .5" or more. I honestly kept eyeballing it until it fit and some of it straightened itself out.

Are you rolling your own fenders?

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
I'm going to try. First timer.