GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 02:21 AM   #57
jshay
Formula 5000 Champion
 
jshay's Avatar
 
Drives: GLI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,700
Okay so I have an appointment this Friday to get my car's ECU updated. My dealership said it's fine if I don't bring it in stock as they're just going to overwrite all of it anyways.

I'll report back how it goes.
jshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:32 AM   #58
Midknight
Rally Car Newbie
 
Midknight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI - White
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 272
So if you get the update and then get it reflashed, I'm assuming you'd have to basically buy the software you already had again+cost of install? Also, the letter I got specifically mentions that this is, in part, for emissions


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
This tuning stuff gets addictive huh...
Midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:58 AM   #59
jshay
Formula 5000 Champion
 
jshay's Avatar
 
Drives: GLI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midknight View Post
So if you get the update and then get it reflashed, I'm assuming you'd have to basically buy the software you already had again+cost of install? Also, the letter I got specifically mentions that this is, in part, for emissions


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. I'm sure all major tuner companies will come out with a new revision of their current tune to accommodate this new block of changes.

IF I do have to pay for anything, it'll just be for labor to tune it. Even then I doubt it'll be very expensive.
jshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:01 AM   #60
Midknight
Rally Car Newbie
 
Midknight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI - White
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshay View Post
Nope. I'm sure all major tuner companies will come out with a new revision of their current tune to accommodate this new block of changes.



IF I do have to pay for anything, it'll just be for labor to tune it. Even then I doubt it'll be very expensive.

Makes sense. I'll probably wait until the mysterious new APR stage 1/2 updates are out.


Modding is kinda fun huh
__________________
This tuning stuff gets addictive huh...
Midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #61
Gino
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2012 CSG GTI
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 620
Would getting this new ECM patch prior to a TBE be smart? People haven't seemed to experience any problems bringing in modded cars other than losing their tune. I am not even tuned yet.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #62
APRMK6GTi
Formula 5000 Champion
 
APRMK6GTi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Would getting this new ECM patch prior to a TBE be smart? People haven't seemed to experience any problems bringing in modded cars other than losing their tune. I am not even tuned yet.
it wouldn't matter putting your TBE before or after
__________________
2012 CSG GTI 6SPD | APR Tuned | AWE K04 | APR Carbonio | IE FDS IC | 42DD DP | Magnaflow CBE | Neuspeed TOP/ACP | GFB DV+ | DG S6 | Fluidampr| OEM MSB | Verdict SBB | HST RSR | ECS Bleeder Block | SuperPro LCA/ALK | 034 TAI | AST/GC | OZ | ST40| Whiteline 24MM F&R | Tyrolsport | Unibrace XB/UB/RB | EuroSport LB | Euro OEM LED | OEM Aero | P3 |
Nor Cal VW Drivers Club
APRMK6GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #63
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 6,093
i guess ill just roll up to the dealer one of these days for a courtesy wash and ask about the update. Anyone know how long it usually takes?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:34 AM   #64
Dr Dad
FIA GT Champion
 
Dr Dad's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CSG 6sp GTI
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,293
Sub'd. Got the update on Monday and I'm not loving being stuck in stock mode. I will say my car is much, much smoother in the lower rpm.
__________________
'12 CSG 6sp | Stage 2 | Intake | Downpipe | Clutch Kit | TOP | DV+ | Springs | RSB | S3 Shifter | FMIC | Catback | My Car
Dr Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:11 AM   #65
jshay
Formula 5000 Champion
 
jshay's Avatar
 
Drives: GLI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,700
We'll see how the stock map does with my F23... That'll be interesting.
jshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:36 AM   #66
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 6,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshay View Post
We'll see how the stock map does with my F23... That'll be interesting.
Do you have a MBC?

If not i would baby it Doug highly recommends a MBC if not running a f23 specific tune.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #67
bigturbonyc
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: mkv gti
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
i guess ill just roll up to the dealer one of these days for a courtesy wash and ask about the update. Anyone know how long it usually takes?
The update itself can take up to 25 mins just to flash.
bigturbonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:20 PM   #68
fredf
Formula 5000 Champion
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 2,662
I thought all 2011 GTIs were affected.
But I called my dealership and they checked my VIN and they said there are no outstanding recalls on it.
__________________
2011 6MT
fredf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #69
xd-data-ii
Formula 3000 Driver
 
xd-data-ii's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford Focus RS '17 / Mk6 GTI DSG '12
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: -8 GMT
Posts: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredf View Post
I thought all 2011 GTIs were affected.
But I called my dealership and they checked my VIN and they said there are no outstanding recalls on it.

Put your Vin in to the vw service campaign website and see if it comes up.
https://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/
xd-data-ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:35 AM   #70
Jared32
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Jared32's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2012 VW GTI
Join Date: May 2015
Location: We're all here, because we're not all there...;)
Posts: 539
Just checked the vin for my 2012 and it came up


Sent from my distracter to yours...
__________________
Vagcom~ Ultimate Racing downpipe, 42dd intake~ GFB DV+~ R8 coils~ Eurodyne stage 2~ E-tuned by Andy Samland...
Jared32 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.