GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM... What happened to you guys?

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
So I recently contact SPM about a Golf R axleback in hopes of gaining a little bit insight on what they say. First response was fine. A little negative, but still okay. The second response I got was not so fine in my opinion

I have contacted SPM in the past and know many many people who run their products with great success. They've always been extremely helpful and given me other ideas and options. And even offered to help out.
To me, that's part of customer service. I work in retail and a tech and customer service is a HUGE thing. It always makes them come back to our shop for help and more purchases instead of another. It's key in keeping customers.

I know I'm probably going a bit overboard, but I'm extremely turned off right now on purchasing their axleback set, and it's literally one of three options I have out there. I went to them because of the ease of them being in the US and having good quality.

I still don't know the price or how to obtain their axleback. I can't find it on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
If you can't even get it.....boom, problem solved

Look elsewhere or have something custom made

My point was that he could've led me in the right direction to purchase it separately, because apparently they do, but I can't find any info on how

There is a very good chance I won't be buying from them, even if it's the best band for the buck

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
iirc, you need something done with the spare tire area don't you? The spare tire area is more shallow on the R than the golf I think. I thought I read that somewhere on here.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
iirc, you need something done with the spare tire area don't you? The spare tire area is more shallow on the R than the golf I think. I thought I read that somewhere on here.

From what I can see, it all fits. I'm already running the golf r bumper with the center exit. Just wanted to cut down the noise a bit and add mufflers in the back

deephouse

Ready to race!
Their customer service sucks! Would never buy their shit again. My turboback had some fitment issues to begin with.

Sent from motoX pure using Tapa talk

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
i don't get it. they answered your question. what did they do wrong?

They were talking to me as if I didn't know what I was saying. They didn't tell me where to purchase it or how much it costs. The axleback exists but is not on their website

They ended the conversation as soon as I said I'm having it custom fit

kern417

Go Kart Champion
You: Do you guys sell your Golf R axleback separately? I want to put it on my GTI because I think it'll be quiet and it should fit my aftermarket bumper.
SPM: Yes, but it probably won't fit your application or meet your goals for performance.
You: I think I can make it work, but not sure on functionality of the flapper. Is it normally Open or Closed?
SPM: Closed.

Soooo...ask where to buy if you're still interested? Idk, I still don't see anything wrong with how they're responding. It's a business and I'm sure they'd love to make money off of everybody but the moment someone says they want to fit a part that's not for their car they take on a liability. Same reason why some websites ask your cars Make and Model before selling you wheels to verify bolt pattern and such. Just ask for what you want.

Me007gold

Ready to race!
They were talking to me as if I didn't know what I was saying. They didn't tell me where to purchase it or how much it costs. The axleback exists but is not on their website

They ended the conversation as soon as I said I'm having it custom fit

Did you ask either of those two questions? or did you just ask if they still sell it?

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Customer service is going above and beyond, not a one worded answer
It says in my original email that I'm looking for it. That means I haven't found it yet.

They knew my application.
If I'm modifying a product to fit, they cannot be liable anymore. I told them what I'm going to do. It's their proof right there for liability

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yeah man, i think you're going overboard on this one. you basically expect them to go through an entire sales pitch every time someone asks a question about a product because you said you're interested? not going to happen.

i've had plenty of people ask me about a part, but then ask a question about it first. you go through with answering a bunch of questions and then suddenly the potential buyer disappears. who knows what scares them off, but just because you said you're looking for it doesn't mean youre going to buy, and they answered your specific questions. and quickly at that. but good luck.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
looks like this is from last year anyway. i just jumped in because of the bump but i'm sure you've gotten it sorted by now. everyone else i know with a golf r bumper had to get it made custom for the reasons you mentioned so if you haven't that's probably you're best route.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Old thread but...from what I've read on here ECS bought them out. If you go on the ECS website it says "Now exclusively available at ECS Tuning... Steve Petty Motorsports"