GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Visceralsoup's Golf R build

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Im still UM stage 1. I did try the no lift shift this time. Maybe it was the main difference.

The downpipe wasnt physically long enough to meet the slip joint on the axle-back portion. I actually had to get an additional couple of inches welded on for it to work. Forward of that the fitment was great.

Ah, yeah, the no-lift-shift has to be really cool.

Well that stinks... luckily if you had an exhaust shop do it should've been pretty reasonable.

If a HPFP is on your list, I'd totally recommend it. It's solved all the fuel cut issues that I saw occasionally on my R and it's able to boost up to 30.5PSI now.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Ah, yeah, the no-lift-shift has to be really cool.

Well that stinks... luckily if you had an exhaust shop do it should've been pretty reasonable.

If a HPFP is on your list, I'd totally recommend it. It's solved all the fuel cut issues that I saw occasionally on my R and it's able to boost up to 30.5PSI now.

Yeah I ended up getting it done for like $50. It works and sounds great now haha. Definitely wouldn't recommend Godspeed though. Im really excited for the HPFP. With money from Christmas and tax season coming up it's looking good!

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Update!

I recently got a TTRS clutch kit done at Auto Union Tuning in Huntington Beach, California.

After speaking with Dave Marsh about the KMD rsr kit, he let me know that they piece together the same kit in house for $750!

What a deal! So with another 800 in labor I walked out same day with a new clutch rated at 530 tq for $1600!

After a short break in the clutch feels absolutely wonderful. It grabs nicely and there is no drama in day to day use.

Shortly after I went back to AU to get an Autotech hpfp done. They also hooked me up on this kit as well.

The same day I paid a visit to FourSeason in Orange, CA to get my ecu reflashed to UM stage 2 software.
WOW! The increase in power is evident throughout the powerband. Im really excited with how the car has turned out so far!

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
How different is the TTRS clutch from our OEM clutch?

Sent from the ether.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!

Picked up a unibrace in a trade. I love it. I have more confidence in the corners now. Feels more planted. Maybe its a placebo effect lol

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Picked up a eurojet intercooler. Hopefully I dont deal with fitment issues like the old ones had. Hoping to gain a little power. Heatsoak is becoming an issue since going stage 2.
Picked it up for 400 new on ebay

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Picked up a eurojet intercooler. Hopefully I dont deal with fitment issues like the old ones had. Hoping to gain a little power. Heatsoak is becoming an issue since going stage 2.
Picked it up for 400 new on ebay

Did you get the ones sold with no warranty?

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
I didnt see anything about a warranty from the ebay seller or on Eurojet's website. The only thing they speak of is exhaust warranty.

Could you send me the link please. I'm in the market for a FMIC.
this had me worried but if yours is an exception and your install goes smoothly I'll probably make the jump. Thanks!