GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
My last ride was a 2008 Mini Cooper S, 6spd, Pano sunroof Roof, Sport Suspension, Sport package, Custom Magnoflow exhaust, K&N drop in filter and some other doo dads.

jwoods986

Passed Driver's Ed
No legandrex, you would have nightmares while you owned it -lol. I know an RS6 is not the same thing, but pretty similiar - DRC suspension, same brakes that have to be replaced every 10-15K (pads and rotors - $2K+), tires only last 10-15K, etc. I don't know exactly what the service intervals are for the RS4, but for the 6, you had to do spark plugs every 20K and timing belt service every 35K ($3000+).

Back to topic, I traded my '08 335i sedan 6MT for the GTI.

bshappy

Ready to race!
2000 Honda crv. Man that car was slow. It was so slow to 60 it was a bit scary to drive on Michigan highways where the speed limit is 70.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
My MKIV 2.Slo and MKV R32:

And the reason I got my GTI:cry::

Last edited:

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
1999 Wolfsburg Jetta. It blew up with 235,000 miles on it. Not worth fixing so I bought a 2011 GTI brand new with 50 miles on it. Have owned it for a year now and I love it. All around package and a fun car to throw around when I want to. Plan on keeping it until it falls apart as I'm Buying a house soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
You went from a 2012 Mustang GT to a 2011 Golf? What happened?

I was wondering the same thing when I saw that.

Why not? They're completely different cars and different experiences. Checked it off the bucket list. I went from an '11 GT to the '11 GTI... Glad I did too..The idiot dealer I traded it too still has it for sale 7 months later...

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Why not? They're completely different cars and different experiences. Checked it off the bucket list. I went from an '11 GT to the '11 GTI... Glad I did too..The idiot dealer I traded it too still has it for sale 7 months later...

You've got to admit, it seems strange to go from a new 5.0 GT to a base Golf, and a used one at that. He couldn't have had the Mustang for more than a couple of months. Seems odd. Not judging, just curious to hear his reasons.