GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

MikeBoatr

Passed Driver's Ed
2008 G37S... loved that car, but I didn't love 16mpg. My TDI has nearly the same tourqe. Around town the pull is close enough that the difference is made up by getting better than twice the MPG

ATC2

Ready to race!
2001 Audi S4
APR Stage 2
Seidl Widebody Kit
Stoptech 4 Wheel Brake Kit

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant
APR stage 2+
20x8.5 LM Reps

OK i have to ask, what made you get the GTI over the Avant? :iono:

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
2000 Toyota Celica GT 5 speed. I had K&N factory replacement, and Flowmaster 80 series exhaust. I miss it for the exhaust mainly.

Attachments

• IMG_2646.jpg
    IMG_2646.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 226

tetrovski

Passed Driver's Ed
2002 Acura 1.7 EL Premium...
bought it from my aunt in Dec 2009... with 116 000 KM on it.
the transmission died in March 2012 at 136 000KM... 2500$ ! not worth the spending on a 6000$ car.
wanted a good new german car, couldnt afford BMW or Audi (yet !) : In my price ranged it was VW or a japanese car (i thought about the Focus a little bit though)...
no japanese cars were exciting or classy enough.

when i think about the process of buying my VW, I still cant believed i considered a Focus, a Scion TC and a Altima coupé instead of this car. I didnt come close to getting any of them, but still... what a mistake it could have been !

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
2007 Jetta Wolfsburg with the slushbox. One of the tranny seals started to fail, causing a flare during 3-4 upshift when cold. Was quoted $5300 to repair; got $5700 on trade in. I should have really pushed the dealer harder.

The Jetta replaced a 2001 Mazda 626 LX with the 4 banger and 5 speed manual...my "stupid boot" car (if you're military you'll know what I mean, the young boots always go buy a used piece of shit with way too many miles for way too much at exorbitant interest rates). Bought it with 77K for $7800 (idiot!), traded it in on the Jetta a year later with over 100k, a bad clutch, and got $1800. The Jetta was stickered at $14,599, I still owed 7300 on the Mazda (>$11k sale and 15.9% APR FTL) so I basically paid >$19k for a car with 53K miles on it. Was smart enough to pay off that shit with my reenlistment bonus though...had the Jetta's title in hand for a while, then got my GTI. 1.79% APR feels wonderful. :D

Austin55

Passed Driver's Ed
Im coming from a 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Miss the rwd, had fun sliding that thing in the rain :) But dont at all miss the 15mpg, 200hp in a truck that big, the meh interior, the general slowness, and the broken transmission.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
2000 Ford Ranger 3.0. Threw a rod at 100k due to some crazy detention.

2006 Subaru STI. Loved it, shouldn't have gotten rid of it.

2010 Subaru STI Special Edition. Took it to stage 3 power levels, just didn't like it as much as my 06. Started to lose a bit of compression (new Subarus are unfortunately prone to ringland issues) so I got rid of it.

slackin via taptalk