GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
You've got to admit, it seems strange to go from a new 5.0 GT to a base Golf, and a used one at that. He couldn't have had the Mustang for more than a couple of months. Seems odd. Not judging, just curious to hear his reasons.

Doesnt he have a GTI? If so I don't see what the big deal is. A new 5.0 is fast but it's not a german car... sorry. It's a cheap ford, Don't get me wrong the new fords are nice but it doesnt compare to a GTI in terms of refinement.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Doesnt he have a GTI? If so I don't see what the big deal is. A new 5.0 is fast but it's not a german car... sorry. It's a cheap ford, Don't get me wrong the new fords are nice but it doesnt compare to a GTI in terms of refinement.

He lists "2011 GOLF 2.5" in his profile.

LoveSluts

Passed Driver's Ed
09 Rabbit. Miss that car.

Unanimous Shoe

Passed Driver's Ed
'11 370Z.

Also had an '01 Jetta as a DD... but having two cars (and having to store one in the winter) without a garage wasn't for me. GTI seemed like the best option to replace both for the price.

legandrex

Ready to race!
No legandrex, you would have nightmares while you owned it -lol. I know an RS6 is not the same thing, but pretty similiar - DRC suspension, same brakes that have to be replaced every 10-15K (pads and rotors - $2K+), tires only last 10-15K, etc. I don't know exactly what the service intervals are for the RS4, but for the 6, you had to do spark plugs every 20K and timing belt service every 35K ($3000+).

Back to topic, I traded my '08 335i sedan 6MT for the GTI.

Not doubting that on the RS4...If I had major cashflow I always thought it would be the ultimate all season daily driver...even if costly to own. Look sweet with those rims and fender flares.

dinkdinker

Ready to race!

I test drove a 2012 Mustang V6 on my birthday, 2 days before buying my GTI. In comparison, the Mustang has a lame mostly plastic interior and crappy stereo system. After test driving my GTI I had no reasons to go back to the Ford dealership. The only lure of the Mustang was the power and to make my father jealous since he owns a Cuda. Took him for a drive in my GTI and he was impressed by the power and the quality of the interior.

mattchow

Ready to race!
2001 Audi S4
APR Stage 2
Seidl Widebody Kit
Stoptech 4 Wheel Brake Kit

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant
APR stage 2+
20x8.5 LM Reps

lotstar

Why not? They're completely different cars and different experiences. Checked it off the bucket list. I went from an '11 GT to the '11 GTI... Glad I did too..The idiot dealer I traded it too still has it for sale 7 months later...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Also i decided to stick to Motorcycles for performance. For a daily driver the Golf is all i need.