GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI section

TDI110

O_o
I've noticed there's an overabundance of GTI posts, although as much as that car rocks, there is a minority of us around that seem sorta left out of the conversation. That is why I decided to start this threat to everything TDI.

You all know, consumption, modding, general engine questions etc etc.

I don't have any pics of my car, but I will introduce it. I own a trendlins 2.0l 110HP mrk VI Golf, the car now has just over 21,000 km (I've had it since last April) and I am absolutely blown away by the quality and versatility of the engine and car as a whole.

The vast majority of m driving is Highway driving and with that I average somewhere around 4.4-4.6L/100km, with months that involve me traveling through the city to meet clients I average 4.9L/100km.

My car is currently bone stock, but I am in contact with APR over in Germany to get it chipped. I hope to buy the Golf R led tails soon, but those are purely cosmetic.

Anybody here with a chipped TDI and what differences were noticed?

*If a topic already exists, then mods by all means delete this :p*

Cheers all!:thumbsup:

woofie2

Ready to race!
I thought there was a TDI section-
http://forums.tdiclub.com/

I wonder how much different your 110 HP car is from a 140 HP or 170 HP car,

I plan on getting chipped, likely Rocketchip (IMO the #1 US Based Chipper of Diesels) but for right now the car is plenty peppy.

Power Mod plans are:
Exhaust with particle filter and muffler removal.
Larger Intercooler installed (APR? or other brand)
other needed or supporting mods for ~170-200 HP
but then all this starts in ~40k miles when the motor is good and broken in.

Cosmetic Mods-
Auto open hatch
Euro Light switch
Smoked R LED Tails
OEM type Backup Camera
R front Lip and side skirts
Wheels

Brakes and suspension upgrades as needed.

Last edited:

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
I wanted a TDI =/

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Yes..that too.

Mat

Mine is at the Port in Halifax since jan. 5th.
Sould be at my dealer in two or three weeks...
Probably won't pick it up before february 1st though, can't wait.

It's a 140hp 2.0 TDI Golf 5 doors. Highline Canadian spec car in Deep Black Pearl.
It's fully loaded (by canadian standards) except DSG. I prefer the 6 spd. manual.

16" alloys (those will be my winter wheels)
RCD-510 with MDI option, bluetooth
Sport leather interior (can't get that in the US) :cool:
Multi-fonction leather steering wheel
Rear side airbags, ESP, etc...

Options I would have liked but couldn't get in Canada: :(
Dynaudio, Sat Nav, Bi-xenons, sport suspension... I forgot the one I would've liked the most: 4 motion.

My mod plans are to drop it on H&R sport ou super sport springs, 18" VMR710 hypersilver wheels. Larger rear sway bar. I'll try to find a good deal on a RNS-510.
Votex front spoiler, GTI sideskirts, maybe a GTD steering wheel if I can find one at a fair price one day.
I'd probably like to remap it but not too sure how the emission control system will react and I don't want to void my warranty so it's probably gonna stay stock.

Last edited:

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
I thought bi-xenons were standard up there in the great north...

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Oh man I can't ever go back to non hids >.>

Not even for LEDs

johny

Hi from New Zealand fellow TDI owners!

I have the stock 140 HP 2010 TDI Golf

It replaced my 2006 140 HP TDI and my wife drives a 2006 Jetta 140 HP TDI

I have to say that the MK6 is in its own class and after 4 months and 7000 kms, I cannot get enough of driving it. (I have also owned 2 Subarus and 2 Honda Civics and a MK2 Golf GLI in the past)

I keep wondering what possibly can be improved on it for the MK7 in the future. What do you guys think?

Maybe:
- better acceleration from 0-50km/hr (a tad slow to shoot into heavy traffic situations/crossing intersections)
- a small thing, but the automatic Hill-Hold function could be improved IMO
(keeps the car rock-steady when stopping on a hill, but only for about 2 seconds, then moves forward when in D. Would have been much more handy if it kept still until you hit the accelerator?)

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Hi from New Zealand fellow TDI owners!

I have the stock 140 HP 2010 TDI Golf

It replaced my 2006 140 HP TDI and my wife drives a 2006 Jetta 140 HP TDI

I have to say that the MK6 is in its own class and after 4 months and 7000 kms, I cannot get enough of driving it. (I have also owned 2 Subarus and 2 Honda Civics and a MK2 Golf GLI in the past)

I keep wondering what possibly can be improved on it for the MK7 in the future. What do you guys think?

Maybe:
- better acceleration from 0-50km/hr (a tad slow to shoot into heavy traffic situations/crossing intersections)
- a small thing, but the automatic Hill-Hold function could be improved IMO
(keeps the car rock-steady when stopping on a hill, but only for about 2 seconds, then moves forward when in D. Would have been much more handy if it kept still until you hit the accelerator?)

You can fix the acceleration I am pretty sure by chipping it. And I assume you have Auto (DSG) since you have an auto hill lock.

johny

Yep, 6 spd DSG

Probably will considering chipping once the "newness" has worn off. Fortunately their are some good threads on this and other forums on recommended chips for the MK6

Anybody else with DSG experienced the same with the Hill-hold function? (minor issue really)

thanks

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
The hill function is a built in feature (funny since the manual 6 spd doesn't get it). Supposedly the DSG doesn't have a typical pin of some sort when the car is is in park or when on a hill.

The chip will really help.

TDI110

O_o
The hill hold function is pretty useless imho. The hand brake does the job just fine in situations where it's necessary. When I first got my car I took a drive to Cottbus, and on the highway through Hessen there was a 10+km traffice jam, and a good kilometer of that was uphill. Needless to say wet palms and sore clutch leg was the result, but I enjoyed the experience :p

I've test driven the 140 HP TDI and I really liked the acceleration, and overall performance of the engine. However, I decided on the 110 HP 2.0L TDI simply for monetary reasons. I sometimes regret it, but it can really hold its own against the fast movers (BMW, Benz, and other). My previous car was a 1.6L Golf IV and the upgrade to me was felt on all forms. The most being fuel cost savings. With my driving style I tank up once every 2.5-3 weeks. As opposed to every Friday with the old Golf.

As for chiptuning, I think APR is a good choice for the TDI's. I've been looking into a lot around here in Germany and a lot of them are sketchy with performance figures.

1.6L TDI Bluemotion diesel available here is also a perky engine, with a good combination of performance and economy.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
I think any TDI is great :thumbup: