GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red Tint on Footwell Lights

CadMan

Ready to race!
Added Red tint to interior footwell lights.

Here they are at 100% illumination

Driver side 100%

Passenger side 100%

Look Best at 50% illumination

Certainly looks hawt! when driving at night now. Cheapest mod I have ever done with best results. It cost me about 10 cents worth of transparent red tuck tape.
No error codes either. :)

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
WOW that looks redicioulsly evil lol, just with red tape?

mortis

Ready to race!
Yeah boy! I now my next mod. I was thinking the same thing, but spent the weekend rebuilding the fence :( I did find time to wash apply quick detail to my ride. Where did you get the tape?

Joker GTI

Ready to race!
Were you get it at?

back2vw1

I like it, looks good!
I was thinking about either getting red lamin-x or swinging by the parts store and getting some red tail light tape and sticking it on the footwell lights myself.

CadMan

Ready to race!
red translucent Duct tape you say?

I used Tuck tape, the stuff they use for vapour barrier in homes.
It has writing on it in sections but you get enough clear space to be able do a piece the size of our lights.

I was worried about heat build-up but the bulbs don't heat up enough to make that a problem... so far. :cool:

Wow, the interior looks like a club... =)

Yeah, my wife has a disco ball for the rear view mirror that she wants to hang up in the GTI now.........eh NO!

It looks sick! thanks for the advice and pics

I'm happy with it and your welcome.

Last edited:

mortis

Ready to race!
Order mine last night. I can't wait for it to come in.

zee

Go Kart Champion
I had used the red tape for broken rear taillamps and it does not look as nice or bright at 100% brightness.:(

Clempson13

Ready to race!
mine isn't that bright either, i just swapped the stock bulb for a red one. kinda like the more subtle look though. that red in the op's pic is pretty sweet, but pretty intense too