- USP Downpipe, catless

-42 DD Downpipe, catted & resonated

-42 DD Downpipe, catless

- Autotech Engine Mount Insert

- Raven's noise plug

Last edited:

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
I have all that but the dieselgeek short shifter.

Are you happy with it? Is it worthy?

Yes, I love it, it's a big difference and they provide the whole kit unlike the Forge SS. I might need to readjust it though, I feel like 4th gear ended up where neutral used to be and when I stop the car I always have to move it to the sides to make sure I am in neutral, or maybe that's the way it is.

Justinjor

Ready to race!
You're building my car just as I'm about to build mine :D I already ordered the noisepipe delete and the car barely has 200 miles on it. Next up is the Stage 1 ECU flash. There are a few shops in my local area so it should go on w/no problems. I'm excited

gkallis

Ready to race!
Wait you install the shortshifter under the intake??? lol i thought u had to pull up the boot....Are there any instructions to it because id be interested...but i was always told not to do it because i risk misshifting lol

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
Wait you install the shortshifter under the intake??? lol i thought u had to pull up the boot....Are there any instructions to it because id be interested...but i was always told not to do it because i risk misshifting lol

That's the only location where you can do it, under the intake. You will ocassionally miss a shift but it's not that bad, it's just that they're really close now and more notchy. The only problem I've had is when I confuse 1st with 3rd at a stop and I stall the car :D Honestly it's a really good mod, you should definitely look into it.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
You're building my car just as I'm about to build mine :D I already ordered the noisepipe delete and the car barely has 200 miles on it. Next up is the Stage 1 ECU flash. There are a few shops in my local area so it should go on w/no problems. I'm excited

Sometimes I miss being only stage 1 without any other engine mod. When you go stage 2 you're car is faster but it doesn't feel like that anymore. The sudden kick that a stage 1 tune gives you smoothens out in stage 2 as torque moves up the rev range end becomes more linear, so you kind of loose that low end. But oh well, once you start modding there's no way to stop :cool:

Justinjor

Ready to race!
I read that you thought the car felt slower with Stage 2? That is disheartening to say the least. I was thinking of an APR TBE and S3 intercooler as my next mods but if it's going ot make me slower, eh, I don't know..

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
It's faster, I can tell it is, it just doesn't feel that away because torque doesn't kick in like used to do. To me it feels like with stage 2 you loose some low end torque but you gain horsepower. This could also be due to the 3" downpipe. Results might be different with a 2.5"

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
^^^

I feel the same way, chap!

It FEELS slower, but it IS faster. I also noticed the lack of low-end torque after putting in my custom-made DP and turboback exhaust. I can still spin them in 2nd, but not as easily, if that makes sense.

What does the noise pipe delete do for you?

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
^^^

I feel the same way, chap!

It FEELS slower, but it IS faster. I also noticed the lack of low-end torque after putting in my custom-made DP and turboback exhaust. I can still spin them in 2nd, but not as easily, if that makes sense.

What does the noise pipe delete do for you?

I have NEVER been able to spin them in second, I don't know how you guys are doing it, and I have the pzero nero all weather tires.

Noise pipe is great, I really hated the fake jetski sound on my car.