GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How long should i wait to mod?

mmm def

Ready to race!
lol that's the most nonsense thing i've read in this forum. Are you even chipped to support that statement?
Bet you he isn't!

OP-Chip it, drive it, don't worry. I chipped mine the week I got it, just stayed out of boost for a bit.

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
lol that's the most nonsense thing i've read in this forum. Are you even chipped to support that statement?

are you serious? maybe you should go back to riding bicycles, since you know nothing about cars.

First, you clearly didn't read my post where I said you will get some gains from the ECU remap, but not as much as changing other components with it. Then, you come in saying that "my ECU rocks....thanks daddy!!!" with no proof to back yourself up.

We all know that any serious motoring enthusiast who is in to racing is only going to alter his ECU, and will do nothing else to the car...lol. People like you just make me laugh.

Increased power = Increased air flow...and with the stock exhaust and air intake on the GTI, you don't get enough air flow to support the power that a Stage 1 remap will provide. Ask anyone who works on modding cars....do some research yourself and look at gains from ECU remap alone vs. ECU remap + 3" perf. exhaust

Then, when you learn something about cars, and have moved out of your parents house, come back to the forum.

Last edited:

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
this forum is just full of people who mostly know nothing, who think that a simple chip is going to boost their car into takeoff

makes me laugh at how uneducated you guys are...must be daddy's car eh? hence why you can only add in a hidden ECU remap

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
Haha wow, i can't believe what i'm reading..

See, to ME, the ecu tune makes all the difference. I added an intake previously and while I'm sure there are some gains, I'm not revving my car to 6-7k rpms all the time, so I don't care if it runs out of air at high rpms, the extreme improvement in torque vs the stock configuration is there with the tune, in the low and mid range which is where I'm at always. I dont race it at the track, it's my daily driver, so I really don't care about making my car super loud with exhausts and downpipes and all that stuff. To me the extra loudness is not worthy of the "extra" performance. Some people like the sound these things emit and of course, good for them, I respect that. If I ever consider going to stage 2 I will have no option but to start adding stuff like a downpipe, even probably the whole thing like a TBE but still, I'm pretty sure the ECU part will account for a good 80% or more of the total increase in performance.

Increased power = increased air flow, wow how did you figure that out? con-gra-tu-la-tions! you're now the official turbo guru of the forum. Want to be a moderator? Oh and not to mention, apparently the only one here who bought his car with his own money of course. All the rest of us, I guess our dad bought it and he pays our insurance and mortgage also.

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
Haha wow, i can't believe what i'm reading..

See, to ME, the ecu tune makes all the difference. I added an intake previously and while I'm sure there are some gains, I'm not revving my car to 6-7k rpms all the time, so I don't care if it runs out of air at high rpms, the extreme improvement in torque vs the stock configuration is there with the tune, in the low and mid range which is where I'm at always. I dont race it at the track, it's my daily driver, so I really don't care about making my car super loud with exhausts and downpipes and all that stuff. To me the extra loudness is not worthy of the "extra" performance. Some people like the sound these things emit and of course, good for them, I respect that. If I ever consider going to stage 2 I will have no option but to start adding stuff like a downpipe, even probably the whole thing like a TBE but still, I'm pretty sure the ECU part will account for a good 80% or more of the total increase in performance.

Increased power = increased air flow, wow how did you figure that out? con-gra-tu-la-tions! you're now the official turbo guru of the forum. Want to be a moderator? Oh and not to mention, apparently the only one here who bought his car with his own money of course. All the rest of us, I guess our dad bought it and he pays our insurance and mortgage also.

LOL...you're an idiot dude. Go back to the land of dumb blondes. And you're wrong...the ECU will not account for 80% of the remap. But good for you...you've managed to make a super car by just reflashing it. Again, you've missed the whole point of my post. You're just going about making it seem like you know something because you went and wasted money on an ECU remap alone without considering anything else.

I'm also just referring to you, no one else. If you learned how to read (hooked on phonics worked for me), you would understand what I was saying. Alas, you're under the impression that an exhaust is only done to change the sound of the car....HAHAHAHA. You're a fucking tard. But have fun telling your friends that you've done a Stage 1 with nothing else. Chances are they're all too busy knitting to know the difference anyway. Whatever gives you a boner.

You've come into this thread ripping into me based on a comment I made that is completely factual, and you know it. You've even admitted it in your last thread. You're one of those people who thinks they know everything, but really doesn't. The kind of guy who wants to be all macho, coming in and making critical comments towards people without knowing a thing. Have fun sucking your mate off tonight.

Last edited:

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
Chapusin: do you have APR or another chip?

Yes APR, and that's it (also tiguan pipe and autotech mount, if that even counts). Had the EVOMS intake and sold it. No more engine mods for right now as I will be saving for a K04. And for the OZ asshole, I never said the only thing and exhaust does is sound, that's just plain stupid, but yeah, you keep telling everyone how you wont get that much gain from a tune without I/E, you just keep embarrassing yourself.

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
Yes APR, and that's it (also tiguan pipe and autotech mount, if that even counts). Had the EVOMS intake and sold it. No more engine mods for right now as I will be saving for a K04. And for the OZ asshole, I never said the only thing and exhaust does is sound, that's just plain stupid, but yeah, you keep telling everyone how you wont get that much gain from a tune without I/E, you just keep embarrassing yourself.

On the contrary my dickhead friend...you're the one coming in here acting like you know everything about VW's and ECU's, and you're also the one that started this whole rant. So you can go politely fuck yourself...in the nicest way possible. Have fun with your thoroughbred GTI.

Say hi to your mom for me.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
On the contrary my dickhead friend...you're the one coming in here acting like you know everything about VW's and ECU's, and you're also the one that started this whole rant. So you can go politely fuck yourself...in the nicest way possible. Have fun with your thoroughbred GTI.

Say hi to your mom for me.

You know you can keep telling me to go fuck myself, it doesn't bother me in any way if that's what you're trying to accomplish. You come here like if you're the only one who paid the car by himself, bashing everyone who likes his car with a stage one ecu remap and that's it. You want to add a TBE and Intake, who cares, not everybody will do it! This guy wants to chip it and he will probably keep it like that. For me, that's enough power for right now until the k04 comes into the market. Not everybody is automatically COOL like you think because they go beyond a stage 1 remap. Like grambles said once to me, this is a forum dude, chill. You might not be so stupid about car knowledge, but believe me in this, you are NOT the most knowledgeable individual here. You didn't even answered if you're even chipped. Making assertions based on internet graphs and forum comments does not count as actually know what the fuck you're talking about. Peace and love :)

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
You know you can keep telling me to go fuck myself, it doesn't bother me in any way if that's what you're trying to accomplish. You come here like if you're the only one who paid the car by himself, bashing everyone who likes his car with a stage one ecu remap and that's it. You want to add a TBE and Intake, who cares, not everybody will do it! This guy wants to chip it and he will probably keep it like that. For me, that's enough power for right now until the k04 comes into the market. Not everybody is automatically COOL like you think because they go beyond a stage 1 remap. Like grambles said once to me, this is a forum dude, chill. You might not be so stupid about car knowledge, but believe me in this, you are NOT the most knowledgeable individual here. You didn't even answered if you're even chipped. Making assertions based on internet graphs and forum comments does not count as actually know what the fuck you're talking about. Peace and love :)

Again, you've missed the point of my original post. Do you ever fucking read anything? Did I go about bashing ECU remaps anywhere? I specifically said you will see gains from the reflash. I then followed it up by saying that if you want to maximize those gains etc. Then you came in and gave your rant and disagreed with what I said. So now I'm the twat? I'm supposed to sit back and let you criticize my comments with no rebuttal?

And yes, I'm Stage 1 APR + RSC 3" exhaust + Carbonio Intake...intercooler next with Stage 2.

Clearly you think I've come at it from the perspective of reflashing for the sake of it, to get the extra 45kW...I'm beyond that...so clearly we have different interests. I tried providing some info to the person that started the post, and then you came in cutting down my post, because you think you're cool, and have a Stage 1 yourself. Clearly you know that he's not considering doing anything else to his car in the future. He/she asked a question, I responded.

Try spell checking next time.

Last edited:

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
:sm3:

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
don't worry, I'm done with this thread.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
All I have to say here is some people don't get the point, and I agree with a lot of what you had to say OzGTI

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
OP: Dont wait...mod now.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion

Things got out of hand very quickly here, but for the record I'm not the one who started insulting people.

a chip is only as good as what you do with it...yes, you will see some gains from an ECU remap, but not that much...if you want to maximise those gains, you need a new exhaust/cold air intake/etc

Here's what I should have said in the first place.

I agree with the "if you want to maximize those gains, you will need an E/I" part. But that maximization, will most likely only be seen in the high rpm range.

I disagree with the "is only as good as what you do with it", as for me, the tune itself provides almost all of the extra power, and you will not only "see some gains", you will see most of them with it.