GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Common rattling noise between 2500-3000rpm cause

168 GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got the clip installed today at my dealership. The rattle snake sound is nearly completely gone! :happyanim:

service dept was really cool about it, on Tuesday I went in with the TSB printed out, and told them I have a rattling sound, which sounds similar to the description provided. They got a tech to ride along, who was familiar with the noise and TSI's, but didnt know about the TSB. Got the car lifted after, checked it, and ordered the clip.

AdvanSuper

Banned
Has anyone had issues getting the TSB done with a DP installed? In other words having it being denied due to being modded?

Jchilvz

Ready to race!
Same noise

This rattling noise isn't only on the GTI. The Mk6 Golf 2.5l makes the same kind of rattling noise. The best way I can describe it is like a vibrating phone on a desk. It's between 2600-2800 Rpm and it happens in every gear. I took it to VW and they said the same shit. It's fine. It's not though... So i took it in again and told them to run a full diagnostic on the car. They said it was fine. If the rattle is the same rattle on the GTI and 2.5l then we can assume its possibly something both cars have?

Peachaz

Ready to race!
This rattling noise isn't only on the GTI. The Mk6 Golf 2.5l makes the same kind of rattling noise. The best way I can describe it is like a vibrating phone on a desk. It's between 2600-2800 Rpm and it happens in every gear. I took it to VW and they said the same shit. It's fine. It's not though... So i took it in again and told them to run a full diagnostic on the car. They said it was fine. If the rattle is the same rattle on the GTI and 2.5l then we can assume its possibly something both cars have?

Read the thread dude.

jyj1964

Me too

I am Jean from Québec in canada.

I just bought a niew GTI 2012 in April this year.

My car began to rattle (sorry for my english) at about 2400rpm automatic and I went to the dealer.

They told me that they heard nothing and i was unhappy with that.

It seems like it was me who was looking for problems on my car that i bought 42 000$

I had read your comment and I can notice that i am not alone to have it.

Please help me it is not try that i will endure that noise for the price that i payed my dream car...

Jean

Canada

:mad:

jyj1964

I just phone Volswagon Canada and they told me that I am the first to lell them about this problem (it is a problem for me).

Jean

Dr. Wombat

I had same experience(southern California). Went for 3 drives with manager and he claimed(with him driving), that he heard nothing. After 3rd visit I printed the service bulletin(VW) and they forked out the part($80) and the hour of labor. No more rattle. He still claims he hears no difference. I lOve my car, but, fuck(buttfuck) their service department.

Btw, the service bulletin number and link are in this thread. It's where I got it. So thanks crew!

Dr. wTF

Colourwolf

Ready to race!
Same here, the tech said he hears nothing. And they can't do anything if they can't duplicate the noise.

My girlfriend at the passenger side can hear it. Going to try another dealership.

And the TSB doesn't apply to Canada, we Canadian always get fucked!!

Chongorlz

Ready to race!
My 2012 gti has the same rasp sound while the turbo is spooling up. It's really annoying and very noticeable. I will talk to my advisor when I take the car in for the 30 day check up.

Jchilvz

Ready to race!
thread was read...car dealer said both cars have the same issue...has nothing to do with the turbo...of course you may be talking about different rattle sounds... its the downpipe from the exhaust apparently...what I was told... If you dont like it then yell at commonwealth not me.

CeD1

Passed Driver's Ed
Same here, the tech said he hears nothing. And they can't do anything if they can't duplicate the noise.

My girlfriend at the passenger side can hear it. Going to try another dealership.

And the TSB doesn't apply to Canada, we Canadian always get fucked!!

Guys, it does apply to Canada. I got mine done.

They ordered the clip and installed. Noise was all gone. But has come back ever so lightly with AC only.

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Variable geometry turbos (vgt or vvt/avnt) make strange noises, anyone with a k04 experience this noise? If the answer to that question is a resounding NO, i believe your answer is clear.

zxc4

Hi. im new here. im not sure if my rattle sound is the same as mentioned above. SC is figuring this issue but cant seems to find a solution. sound from 1500rpm - 3000rpm. after 3500rpm, sound is gone. Attached below is my revving on static. No movement. Very loud and audible. Anyone can confirm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRscBIlV7Tg