GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Common rattling noise between 2500-3000rpm cause

northfb52

Ready to race!
there probley goin to want to look at it first and make sure it is the problem ik i had to have the parts department force them to ship us one and it took a week to get it

DreamingTwig

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the magical clip done today...

Followed TSB 21103 for wastegate clip
one clip part number 06j-145-220-A

All better... no more rattle!!

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
...though i usually like to warm up my car and let it sit every morning for about 5 minutes

Just because I care: Warming up ANY car before driving is VERY BAD for it. Read your owners manual.

It takes the engine take longer to warm-up since there is no load on it while idling. (Bad)

It wastes gas and dirties up your oil since you're not going anywhere and the oil stays colder longer. (Bad)

The best scenario for your car health is to start a drive IMMEDIATELY.
No high load, high RPM's till warm but driving and NOT idling.

corado

Passed Driver's Ed
Subscribed! Let's hope VW has the sense to fix this on 2011 cars.

Does anyone know if this issue is also common on MKV (i.e cars with the EA113 engine) or is it specific to 2.0T EA888?

my GTI is 2011.....the metalic sound is still there...but i can't complain...it doesen't bother me....i only hear it when i have my window down...

but now that i know how to remove that sound.....where can i get that clip? ask the local dealer?

Mr. dB

Passed Driver's Ed
Just because I care: Warming up ANY car before driving is VERY BAD for it. Read your owners manual.

It takes the engine take longer to warm-up since there is no load on it while idling. (Bad)

It wastes gas and dirties up your oil since you're not going anywhere and the oil stays colder longer. (Bad)

The best scenario for your car health is to start a drive IMMEDIATELY.
No high load, high RPM's till warm but driving and NOT idling.

As soon as you have oil pressure, you're good to go.

Warming up only made sense for carburetor engines, 'cause they just wouldn't respond when they were cold. But computers and fuel injectors have taken care of that for us.

Dr. Wombat

i had "the clip" installed last week. no more rattle :) however, the dealer(BARBER VW OF VENTURA CA) are complete assholes. never gong back. they eventually installed the clip, after three visits. they never acknowledged the sound(it was LOUD), or the TSB, i had to invovle VW of america. Barber VW installed the part, and told me if i came back to the dealership i would be arrested for trespassing/harassment. wish i never bought this platinum warranty of theirs...

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
i had "the clip" installed last week. no more rattle :) however, the dealer(BARBER VW OF VENTURA CA) are complete assholes. never gong back. they eventually installed the clip, after three visits. they never acknowledged the sound(it was LOUD), or the TSB, i had to invovle VW of america. Barber VW installed the part, and told me if i came back to the dealership i would be arrested for trespassing/harassment. wish i never bought this platinum warranty of theirs...

Sounds like they need to refund a prorated portion of the warranty you bought if they aren't willing to service it any longer.

OldDirty

Ready to race!

Man that is crazy.....I can't believe they would create an enemy out of a former customer over something that takes so little time to fix.....and as far as I understand it's on VWs dime :confused:

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

Hmm...I'm guessing they wished they'd never sold you the car... Pretty extreme for a dealer to take this position unless you were unreasonable...

Sieran

Ready to race!

I would like to see that in court... They call the police on you for bringing in your car for warranty work based on a service they sold you. :lol:

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion

Call VWOA and tell them everything they said word for word and destroy them That really pisses me off, as I would not ever want to be treated like that.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I went to two dealerships to try and resolve this problem. VW of Santa Monica told me to go back to my stock intake or they wouldn't go any further with their diagnosis. Guess where I'm never going back. VW of Pasadena had me go on a drive with a tech who said, hey, I don't hear it but I believe that you do. we'll order the part and install it for you (says as much on the write up). Guess where I'm going back for my warranty/maintenance work in the future.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Is there a video of the noise? I don't hear anything but maybe I'm not trying to listen for the right noise?