GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Ford Fiesta...

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Unless you have Ken Block's Fiesta, I would say the GTI.

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
The Fiesta is a nice car, but its more of the same class as a Honda Fit or that new Mazda 2.

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
You can't compare the GTI with the Ford Fiesta. They are worlds apart. Apples to Oranges.

surely you jest. More like apples to coconuts! LOL

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
anyone care to comment on which is a better car? GTI vs Fiesta?

Okay, first off, you have to be more descriptive--what is your definition of "better"? Better looks? Better handling? Better reliability? C'mon..

Second, the description would really help you get a good answer because you're posting this on "GOLFMK6.COM". Of course the majority of the answers are going to be biased.

In my personal opinion, I would refrain from buying anything but German automobiles just because I love the interior refinement and the overall rugged quality.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely cannot compare these two.

I refuse to even put them on the same playing field.

bryanmn1

Ready to race!
In a head to head test of dropping them off a cliff of the same height, both cars hit the ground at the same time.

plat

Ready to race!
I believe the Euro Ford Focus (not the crummy US model) is the correct choice that can be compared to the MK6 GTI. Though it would be interesting to match these two cars up, I don't have the motivation to start a thread on it right now :) I was just looking over the specs of the Euro Ford Focus and it seems to be a worthy contender for the title of hot hatch.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Thread cleaned up. Please remember to keep unnecessary chit chat in a well known special OT thread.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Ok, let's try a different approach.

Ford Fiesta. Hands down the better car in every way. Had I not bought a GTI I would have bought a Ford Fiesta.

For sure.

zee

Go Kart Champion
I sat in an Euro-spec Fiesta at the last Toronto Auto show and it is a smaller car designed to compete with the Fit, Mazda2, Polo(Euro) and slightly bigger Golf-city.
I seriously doubt three adults can fit shoulder-to-shoulder in the back and the roof line drops pretty quick. The hatch is tiny and the power difference is huge too. The Fiesta will only beat the GTI in a fuel ecconomy comparison.