GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI Pictures

lemarin

Ready to race!
Here are some picts of mine, a 2 week old Highline version. I have 18" R32 MK5 replicas with Continental Extreme contact DWS 225/40ZR18, 35% tint, OEM stainless steel pipes, stainless steel license contour, 4 corners mud flaps and very soon I'll add the OEM sport suspension which should give about 1.2" drop.

I'm thinking about Votex kit, but would like to have the rear part as well, not only the sides and front.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
I've got mudflaps and they ok. You don't really need a sunroof if you have aircon. If you look at the Merc spec they won't fit a sunroof if you have aircon. ;)

Last edited:

lemarin

Ready to race!
Mudflaps here are a must: when they put tons of sand and salt through the road in winter time, you don't want your car's side to be unpainted after one complete winter !

In our case it's not mudflaps it's stoneflaps !

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Well I have mudflaps mainly for the reason of reducing the sills and paintwork getting chipped. The other reason it I keep my cars for a long time and I hate doing paint jobs. If you are mainly concerned on how good it looks then leave them off.

I've also been asked it they prevent the rear of the car getting as dirty as quick, there have been a few complaints over this. I can't really comment on that as I've always had them and the rear does get dirty faster than any other car I've owned. Actually I've never used the rear wash/wipe so much on any car. ;)

lemarin

Ready to race!
I'm planning to install a lips kit but not sure which one yet. I'll go with the Votex at front, maybe the GTI side skirt. If so, I'll reinstall the mudflaps over the GTI skirts.

But my favorite would be a full Votex kit, if the rear part becomes available in America....and if so, I'll have to remove completely the 4 mudflaps.

lemarin

Ready to race!
Here's some updated pictures from this afternoon (sorry for the rain). I've add the OEM sport suspension (Eibach spring made for VW) which dropped my Golf by 1.3" on all 4 corners.

Now I'm not sure about installing the Votex lips kit, especially the front one, since it's quite low now already and I'm wondering how it'll be drving into 1 foot of snow during winter !

lemarin

Ready to race!
Your drop look very similar to mine, but I really like what the spacers does: your wheels seems inlign with the fenders, mines even if they are 18x8 seems more inside the fender.

Anyway nice color !
:)