GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealership Experience in Greater Vancouver Area

zorq

Ready to race!
Hi, first time posting here. I'm interested in purchasing a GTI and would like to know who had experiences with dealerships in Vancouver and how they were. If possible, could you list the price you got for a GTI and what spec it was. Thanks a bunch.

zorq

Ready to race!
I wasn't trying to be lazy, and in fact, I did read through all those posts beforehand. Most of those post do not have in depth information about the dealership experience. I was looking for a specific sales to talk to in a specific dealership. Anyway, thanks for your input! :)

Dude, if you search you would've found this thread and this thread and this thread.

Please don't be lazy like that.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I wasn't trying to be lazy, and in fact, I did read through all those posts beforehand. Most of those post do not have in depth information about the dealership experience. I was looking for a specific sales to talk to in a specific dealership. Anyway, thanks for your input! :)

Sorry if I came across as a bit rude, but the impression I got from your question is "Which dealership should I go to?" in which case those threads have already answered your question. :D

My sales guy that I go to is Terry Chen at Clarkdale VW, but you'd better do it quick as he is going to transfer to Brian Jessel BMW in the middle of August. Drop in (he's usually there in the afternoon) and tell him that Diondi sent you.

plat

Ready to race!
In contrast to Roastpuff's experience at Clarkdale, I had my worst dealership experience at Clarkdale VW. I will never go back to that dealership ever again. I believe RoastPuff dealt with a different Sales Manager when he purchased his GTI. The Sales Manager I dealt with when I was there last month was the absolute worst when it came to sales deals. With him closing deals, I wish him and Clarkdale all the best.

I did enjoy my dealership experience at Regency VW in Coquitlam. My sales person is Dennis Cheong. If you want to know more details, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Last edited:

dhillon

I bought my 2.5 (blue graphite pearl) from Regency VW (in Coquitlam), found the car and got it in before it was sold by another dealer (car had just gotten off the boat and was being shipped to another province to a different dealers lot). Great experience, no nonsense and to the point. Got a good deal. Talk to Dennis and tell him Novy sent you. He will take great care of you!

v3on

Ready to race!
Well you can come down with me this Wednesday cause I m picking up my GTI @ cowell

Vanvwguy

Clarkdale

Hi guys
Glad to here about your experience with Terry at Clarkdale. I am also sorry to hear about your experience last June. Clarkdale has a great new manager named Todd and while Terry has joined the BJ team, francis and steven are GTI guys.
Good luck with your decision

zorq

Ready to race!
Hi guys
Glad to here about your experience with Terry at Clarkdale. I am also sorry to hear about your experience last June. Clarkdale has a great new manager named Todd and while Terry has joined the BJ team, francis and steven are GTI guys.
Good luck with your decision

Similar to the above post, I went to Clarkdale and Todd the new Sales Manager was a TOTAL Douche. He literally told me "My car is selling hot and I'm not going to move my price at all". He also said he has only ever gone below MSRP by 475. To keep the long story short, the sales I was suppose to talk to was very rude. The manager seems like he is the ONLY one who sells GTI, and did not even show any interest to deal with me. He tried to find others to test drive with me but ended up doing the test drive with me and had ZERO knowledge about the car even though he said he loved the car and drove it himself. He did not fill up the gas tank enough and said you can only drive it around the block for 2 minutes. Even if someone begged me I would not EVER go to that dealership again.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Similar to the above post, I went to Clarkdale and Todd the new Sales Manager was a TOTAL Douche. He literally told me "My car is selling hot and I'm not going to move my price at all". He also said he has only ever gone below MSRP by 475. To keep the long story short, the sales I was suppose to talk to was very rude. The manager seems like he is the ONLY one who sells GTI, and did not even show any interest to deal with me. He tried to find others to test drive with me but ended up doing the test drive with me and had ZERO knowledge about the car even though he said he loved the car and drove it himself. He did not fill up the gas tank enough and said you can only drive it around the block for 2 minutes. Even if someone begged me I would not EVER go to that dealership again.

Damn, that sucks. :( Sorry to hear that! I had Angela as my sales manager, and she was awesome. She's moved over to Brian Jessel BMW to work as sales manager for them, I hear.

plat

Ready to race!

zorq, here's a thread I created telling about my experience with Regency VW. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=72302&postcount=1

I had the same experience with Clarkdale. My recommendation is bring your business elsewhere. There are other VW dealerships that offer a better buying experience than Clarkdale.

plat

Ready to race!
I'm telling you, go see Dennis at Regency and you will be happy!

I just found out that Dennis Cheong no longer works for Regency VW. He's now with Capilano Audi. Anyway, I am following up my GTI order through the Sales Manager, Joanne. I have not met her yet but I have a feeling I will sooner or later.

Last edited: