GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mod Thread

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Got the Wolfsburg center caps installed while she was in the shop...she's filthy, but its not her fault. She's been at VW being worked on all week.

I think I like these: thoughts guys?

Those pics make me wanna order a set for my MK5 now. Since I have powdercoated black Huffs I think they'll look awesome as well.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Those pics make me wanna order a set for my MK5 now. Since I have powdercoated black Huffs I think they'll look awesome as well.

To update on my last post. I bought a set and love how they look. Thanks for posting up pics that helped me make my decision. :)

mennis123

Ready to race!
Today, December 18, 2010 added the front OEM Red GTI badge and "deck candy" (reflective inserts sold by Gunther VW):

Where did you get the read gti hood emblem?

mennis123

Ready to race!
Thanks, i might also want one to replace the gti on the back.

birdseed404

Ready to race!
Awesome build so far! I have a question about the mojo mats though. Are they thicker than the original mats (i.e. thicker carpet)?

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
Awesome build so far! I have a question about the mojo mats though. Are they thicker than the original mats (i.e. thicker carpet)?

Thanks. Its all cosmetic so far. Engine mods after the warranty runs out. That's just my style.

As to the mats: Thicker than the cheap, plain black ones that come with the car? Yes, I believe so. There's a guy selling a set of Mojo mats on here for CHEAP! Do a search and save yourself some money. I commented on his thread so use my username to search to narrow it down.

P

plac

Thanks. Its all cosmetic so far. Engine mods after the warranty runs out. That's just my style.

As to the mats: Thicker than the cheap, plain black ones that come with the car? Yes, I believe so. There's a guy selling a set of Mojo mats on here for CHEAP! Do a search and save yourself some money. I commented on his thread so use my username to search to narrow it down.

ya they are thicker. the stock ones almost feel like cardboard. the mojo are heavier.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
You drive a black MK5? I think I saw you downtown at Qdoba (in the parking lot by the restaurant). Nice ride! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I work downtown at Delegator, right beside Smart Furniture. Qdoba is closed now sadly. :lol:

jcme0557

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey jb,

Tried your "ghetto mod" foot well light trick with the tape. Popped the lamp out of the trim, folded the red tape over, trimmed it with a razor blade (like someone else suggested,) and pressed the light back in. Turned out great.

I love your thread 'cause these are all fun simple inexpensive things that guys like me can do to their cars. Rock on brother and have a Merry Christmas!

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
Hey jb,

Tried your "ghetto mod" foot well light trick with the tape. Popped the lamp out of the trim, folded the red tape over, trimmed it with a razor blade (like someone else suggested,) and pressed the light back in. Turned out great.

I love your thread 'cause these are all fun simple inexpensive things that guys like me can do to their cars. Rock on brother and have a Merry Christmas!

Thanks! I don't have a lot of "mod" money laying around, what with 3 baby girls, student loans, etc. Keeping it simple for now.

murcielego

Yesterday I installed the Bold-Sport light sensor and Euroswitch ("auto" version). I hid the sensor at the lower corner and tucked the wire into the trim. Seems pretty well hidden to me. Before and After pics below.

This is a 5 minute install and one of those mods that makes a HUGE difference to me. Can I turn the lights off and on without this? Sure! Do I want to? Not when every Kia on the market has automatic headlights....:mad0259:

regarding your auto euroswitch install, did you do any coding with vagcom?