GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Vs 2011 Mustang V6

Halvie

WOOSA
yeah, I crossed shop allot of cars before I bought my GTI, I was originally gonna by the 2011 5.0 Mustang. Drove it, man it is fast!! Then I looked at all the small stuff, The mustangs interior was really bad compared to the GTI. Cheap low rent chrysler style plastic on the doors. The seat belt chokes you, in my opinion it needs to be redesigned. The fit and finish is horrible. Come guys you can do better. Look at Harley Davidson, beautiful craftmanship!! For the money even with a apr stage 1 chip. We have a excellent crafted machine. The gti is the best value. A base 5.0 sells for a loaded gti, The base 5.0 interior is worse than a kia. Really cheap low end plastic, pleather everywhere. I could go on and on. So to sum up the 5.0 is for trailer trash and gti is for
sophisticated people.

Sophisticated people....really?

Just got done renting a 2011 Mustang v6 auto. Thought it was pretty slow, but I am sure it would have been a lot better(even fun) with manual.

I was actually sort of impressed with the interior. The ugliness aside, it seemed to be of decent quality, and didn't seem like stuff would start rattling itself loose. Soft touch all over, and *sure this won't make sense* everything seemed very secure...like the center console in my gti will wobble a bit if you "lean into it". Nothing like that in the mustang. Solid as a rock.

Mine had the Shacker audio system. Really makes me wish I got dynaudio with my GTI. Really nice sound system in the mustang.

Wouldn't considering buying one because of how many I see all the time, but Ford is going in the right direction that is for sure. No better deal out there than the 5.0 imo.

what happens when theres a turn....awww too soon? lol

Just making sure everyone in this thread missed all the articles saying the new mustangs can hang with an m3 right...

And chick car... What are we driving? Manliest of man cars?

Reality check. People in here need one.

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes, the GT with track package is the shit. Would destroy a GTI on a road course any day.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
What the hell, did this mullet grow back this weekend or what?

Don't get me wrong, I dig the latest mustang, be it the economically rock-solid V6 (the choice of discriminating retired hair-dressers and poseurs alike) or the aptly named Boss. And kudos for being a well engineered car that doesn't use Michael Bay movies or Eminem to market, nor Uncle Sam to finance, their products.

To be sure, I'd probably cross-shop against the Focus if I were on the market, because generally, I don't use bronzer or hair gel.

That said, 10 pages all from some master-trollery. The OP passed somebody, then bragged about it on the interwebs; as the kids are wont to say: "Cool story, brah"

Jedy617

Ready to race!
I really like the v6 stang and the GTI.. I think they are both fun cool cars. I just don't get why some people are saying that the v6 stang is for girls, or old people. It is a really awesome car. And don't think I'm just a mustang fanboy, because I would take the GTI if it was my money. I just think you get a lot of bang for the buck with the mustang... Don't hate on it. Both have pluses and minuses.

McQueen77

Banned
I think the Stang is just very 'average run-o-the-mill American' i.e. big, fat, lacking in style, sophistication or subtlety while consuming a lot of fuel and not giving a shit kind of car. Not feeling that car at all.

Ooh, 'American muscle'.

Out of shape meatheads that wear stretch denim shorts from Old Navy with Cheeto dust and BBQ sauce on their oversized T-Shirts yelling at the TV during Monday Night Football kind of car. Just my 2 Euros..

Last edited:

gkallis

Ready to race!
/thread?
opinions are just being repeated lol this is going no where

Jedy617

Ready to race!
Mustang's in general are for fags, chucktaylor, and chicks with mustache's,. Fuck american cars
Why? That makes no sense. I don't like many american cars, but the mustang is truly a really nice car once you add some options. Why is it gay? It offers great power and economy for a v6. And the handling on the 2011's are pretty good. I would still get a GTI though. You are not cool because you say fags, and anyway, the mustang is NOT gay. What is gay about it? You are kinda trolling..

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
Just the facts from insideline's test (take it for what its worth):

0-60 mph (sec.) 5.6
0-60 with 1 foot of rollout (sec.) 5.3
1/4-mile (sec. @ mph) 13.9 @ 101.2
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph) 68.6
Skid pad, 200-ft. diameter (lateral g) 0.91
60-0 mph (ft.) 103 (amazing stopping distance)

This car had the track pack (must have) and a 3.31 rear end which added about 2400.00 to the base price of 23k... so 25k and change for a car that does those numbers is ridiculous.

Mustang or not, this car is not a muscle car, but it very well is a sports car. A darn cheap one for the numbers it puts up.

dwp2

Ready to race!
Fact: Ford did a great job on the V6 Mustang - it's not a chick car anymore :clap:

Fact: I will never own one.

Now close this thread!!!

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
I think the Stang is just very 'average run-o-the-mill American' i.e. big, fat, lacking in style, sophistication or subtlety while consuming a lot of fuel and not giving a shit kind of car. Not feeling that car at all.

Ooh, 'American muscle'.

Out of shape meatheads that wear stretch denim shorts from Old Navy with Cheeto dust and BBQ sauce on their oversized T-Shirts yelling at the TV during Monday Night Football kind of car. Just my 2 Euros..

that's a little stereotypical, but I must say I couldn't agree with you more.

The imagery you gave there is a direct correlation between the person you described and that car.

I'm also not too sure why that description fits, but I'm just glad my car doesn't give off that kind of vibe.

gti over mustang any day.

good work! :thumbsup::clap:

Johnny

I'm Here for the Gangbang

Ooh, 'American muscle'.

Someone's head is up his ass.