GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R, that fast?

GT King888

I've been snooping around the forum for quite some time, and have had a mkv GTI. I'm very excited about the Golf R, and it's top on my list when it gets here (also interested in new Mercedes 250). I've been eyeing the Golf R since they made the announcement it's coming to the states.

Do you guys think the R will really be that much quicker then the GTI? If you take a 10% drive train loss on a FWD GTI, you are looking at around 180 whp. With a 25% drive train loss on an AWD Golf R (255 hp), you are looking at 191 whp. Plus the Golf R is going to weigh more. Now I know that the R will be more refined on the interior, the exterior looks great, and AWD is amazing to have. So the question is, are we really paying for all of these extras, and the motor and speed, 0-60, quarter mile, etc just going to be the same as the GTI???

The MKVI's actually put ~200hp to the wheels. From a dig, the R will be a monster compared to a GTI. With the R you already have the K04, flash it to stage 2 with a DP and it will be around or over 300hp (just judging from what you get out of GTI with k04 and supporting mods).

Speaking for 1/4 times, it would be hard to match an R's 60' (for a normal driver).

Hmm... I'm excited that you boys will get the Golf Rs soon but IMO i feel that the R is an over rated Golf. There are quite a number in my country and truth be told I don't think they are the cream of the crop. I was tailing a Red Golf R and Black Golf R a few weeks back otw to the oil town and even then my stock Mk6 GTI was literally keeping up.

Now with the add-ons I wouldn't be surprised if I'd obliterate a stock Golf R or give a tuned one a good run for money. Hell... i have for fun play in the GTI than in the AWD.

Am not a hater but i think sometimes opinions need to be weighed out.

zbeasty

Passed Driver's Ed
Fast enough for you. This is with a DP and a relatively mild tune (19psi). Need to sort out fueling and will look to run up to 24psi.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
13.2 trapping at 100mph is pretty crazy...that 1.8 60' is awesome thank you awd haha

I want to pay off enough of my car to trade in on a golf R and still have lower payments...but i'm not sure its gonna happen

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
13.2 trapping at 100mph is pretty crazy...that 1.8 60' is awesome thank you awd haha

I want to pay off enough of my car to trade in on a golf R and still have lower payments...but i'm not sure its gonna happen

Hell Ya! :thumbsup:

GT King888

Fast enough for you. This is with a DP and a relatively mild tune (19psi). Need to sort out fueling and will look to run up to 24psi.

No way can a golf r do that time bro... :lol: my mates Ford RS barely does 13sec

zbeasty

Passed Driver's Ed
No way can a golf r do that time bro... :lol: my mates Ford RS barely does 13sec

Go onto VWWatercooled. There is a member there called Ferret. He was there and witnessed. He's even considering taking his APR tune off and getting the guy that is tuning my car to do his just based on how I went. He has Milltek TBE, APR HPFP, APR Intercooler, Carbonio intake and his quickest run was 13.3 :cry:

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion

.... Zbeasty is now the second time slip in this thread with 13.3 or better, so no need to try and call him out. There's no reason the car can't do around that time, especially with awd. You figure a tuned GTI is running high 13's, obviously depending on the driver, but add in AWD, and your 60 ft time dramatically increases... as for your mates RS, if you put a stage 1 chip on the Golf R, and no other add on's, you are looking at 322 hp/321 tq. So that's more than the RS. The weight on the car is pretty much the same, but the Golf R may even weigh a bit less which is huge in racing. Plus you need to factor in your mates driving ability, and maybe Zbeasty and Wooduck are better drivers on the quarter mile, who knows..... I don't think you have any reason to call anyone on this....

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
.... Zbeasty is now the second time slip in this thread with 13.3 or better, so no need to try and call him out. There's no reason the car can't do around that time, especially with awd. You figure a tuned GTI is running high 13's, obviously depending on the driver, but add in AWD, and your 60 ft time dramatically increases... as for your mates RS, if you put a stage 1 chip on the Golf R, and no other add on's, you are looking at 322 hp/321 tq. So that's more than the RS. The weight on the car is pretty much the same, but the Golf R may even weigh a bit less which is huge in racing. Plus you need to factor in your mates driving ability, and maybe Zbeasty and Wooduck are better drivers on the quarter mile, who knows..... I don't think you have any reason to call anyone on this....

Mate... don't even waste your breath on explaining yourself to the muppet GT King888. He's already boasted that he's raped a 911 C2S on the streets. btw GT so we are all clear, overtaking a car on the freeway isn't really classed as raping it. haha... do all the driver a favor and keep your wreck-less driving on the track or video games.

As for your insight into the Ford Focus RS i always thought that monster had in excess of 300bhp stock and with the ingenious LSD its power to ground would have given it the edge over the Golf R. well learn new things every day.