GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R, that fast?

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
I am trying to point out that US spec cars dyno lower because they have less HP to start with

I can understand the point of correctional factors throwing thins off.

Was it ever proven somehow that US cars make less power than EU? Some argue that it's only an issue of units.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
yes all my points are regarding euro spec gtis strictly. it would be helpful if the dyno and CF used in the futrellautowerks mk6 gti dyno run were known. i could try and contact them.

next week my intake is coming on and i will be redynoing. safe to say results are not tampered with if i get consistant results? i will film the entire process :p

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Results from before/after should be consistent, yes :D

Now perhaps we should /thread-jack? :laugh::w00t:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Lol. The Golf R, Get It, Fantastic Car!

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to throw this out...the new haledex unit can put almost 100% of the power to the rear wheels...how awesome would that be with a haledex controller...plus that will in turn mean less drivetrain power loss

also...the fsi is a better platform for making power...its easier to upgrade fueling to make more power, plus is has forged internals and lower compression pistons...if i can i will trade in my gti when it comes

The new r cannot be compared to a gti with a ko4 and awd swap. The bifg differnce for me is that the r will have stronger internals so it wont be stuck at the 300whpish barrier. Some guys in europe have ed30 that have 350+whp. I would think the new r will be good to at least 400whp with out upgrding internls, while I know that the regular fsi motors are at 350 whp. This is to say if you put a bigger turbo than a ko4. Imagine a r with a gt3071 runnnig 400whp pretty crazy stuff.

I also emailed apr to see what the euro stage 2+ apr tunes for the R's re running.

Mevo

Nostalgic... just like when the WRX vs STi were introduce...
why do people compare orange and apple...

The Golf R is a fast car... period.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
The new r cannot be compared to a gti with a ko4 and awd swap. The bifg differnce for me is that the r will have stronger internals so it wont be stuck at the 300whpish barrier. Some guys in europe have ed30 that have 350+whp. I would think the new r will be good to at least 400whp with out upgrding internls, while I know that the regular fsi motors are at 350 whp. This is to say if you put a bigger turbo than a ko4. Imagine a r with a gt3071 runnnig 400whp pretty crazy stuff.

I also emailed apr to see what the euro stage 2+ apr tunes for the R's re running.

many have apr stage 3 TSI on stock internals. beyond that offcourse and they'll have to be upgraded.

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
we definitely dont make 200 to the wheels stock are you high?

Might want to do some research there bud.

"Hey-oh, look at that. The GTI puts out as much power at the wheels what Volkswagen claims its makes at the flywheel, and a skosh more torque."

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtes...010-mazdaspeed-3-and-2010-volkswagen-gti.html

Why would the euro GTI have more power?!

PVEZ. Stupid CA emissions, usually results with the Euro cars making more horsepower even though their websites state the same, with exceptions of course. Manufactures also like to mess with the numbers so they look pretty (think BMW E54 engines 300/300) and I think it helps to have all their global cars the same on paper for exporting to different counties where theirs different laws.

OP: I drove a Audi A3 fwd dsg, VW R32 and Audi A3 dsg quattro and when driving around town the fwd is better just because its lighter and responds to steering wheel input a little quicker, you do feel the weight added by awd. But once you start getting towards the limits of traction everything changes. From a dig awd is the best unless it unpowered and when cornering you'll be able to mash the throttle earlier and have faster exit speeds. I think the real question is which is more fun to drive, when the MKV R32 came out a lot of journalist choose the GTI over the R32 because it just was that much more fun to drive. Also neither of these cars, including the Golf-R allow you to turn of traction control and because of that, I drive a Evo. But if that's not important to you and you dont mind the high cost of the R and higher cost of ownership then I say hands down the MKVI R all the way.

Cheers
Josh

allset

Go Kart Champion
when is the latest proposed NA release for the R?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
December 2011/ Jan 2012-ish

allset

Go Kart Champion
anyone know if any mods from the mkvi will fit the NA version of the R when it gets here? Carbonio 1/2; DP's; oem rims; cat backs, etc?