GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**OEM Golf R LED Tails - Official Group Buy**

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
I feel for you guys in VA ... Has to be the absolute worst state for car enthusiasts :(

I went by a motorcycle cop yesterday on the 215 here in Vegas, I was doing 70 in a 55 & thought for sure I was nailed! That is when a lifted truck flew by me & he didn't get busted either - WTF?

If we were in VA we'd have been arrested & given a full cavity search - doh!

Agreed.

Check this out.

2011/10/03, 20:56, MISSISSAUGA - International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2011/10/03, 20:58, MISSISSAUGA - Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing

In customs for 2 minutes!

Picked them up from the Post Office today... total customs fees paid = $0 :thumbup:

Grownman

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info but the group buy is cheaper.

BKS tails are $619 alone, if you want adapters it will be $649 shipped and no sales tax for us in the states.

OEMplus is $629 + shipping + backorder + sales Tax. With adapters it is $674.

From group buy #2 thread.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Golf R LED on sale
I just found a site that is selling the R LEDs for $624.75 ! additional costs are added with the harness etc..
is it worth it?
this is the site http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_p...ucts_id=1176:d7eb670ba10c8ac93a49ee3b24814ea8

If you happened to miss out on both of the group buys that just took place on this forum, then that offer from OEMplus would be your next best bet. I'm unfamiliar with the exact product you get from them, but price-wise, for something that is supposedly OEM, you won't find a better price online.

Last edited:

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
If you happened to miss out on both of the group buys that just took place on this forum, then that offer from OEMplus would be your next best bet. I'm unfamiliar with the exact product you get from them, but price-wise, for something that us supposedly OEM, you won't find a better price online.

Aren't the BKS ones OEM as well?

...:::GTI:::...

If you happened to miss out on both of the group buys that just took place on this forum, then that offer from OEMplus would be your next best bet. I'm unfamiliar with the exact product you get from them, but price-wise, for something that us supposedly OEM, you won't find a better price online.
yeah i did miss out! though im not sure if this site has got some good reputation :iono:

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Aren't the BKS ones OEM as well?

Yes they are. What I'm saying is that I have never actually seen the tails being offered by OEMplus in person, so I can't guarantee their authenticity.

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
Holy shit Canada Customs! You might as well bang every other orifice on my body, because my hole is all loose from being rammed by you so hard!

My package was delivered to my office while I was out, and a card left for me to pick up. It said I owed $206.77!!! I've yet to go pick it up, but damn, that's almost 30% in taxes and duties. FML

Those of you in the Vancouver area - did you get charged as much, and what was the breakdown in fees? Also, those that didn't pay anything, what was the declared value by BKS?

It would have been cheaper to order from ECS and picked up at the border.
$857 for these babies...damn.
Those in the US complaining, this is the shit we have to deal with for living in Canada.

But thanks Lodi, for organizing the GB, it was nice until the CBSA ruined the party.
Hopefully I was wrongly charged for the amount so I can dispute it.

stealthy1

Ready to race!
ma_bo: I got charged $148 for customs and duties. HST was $100 itself...it sucks. Still, the group buy saved us $150 approximately, so I guess it wasn't that bad. That being said I was really disappointed when my invoice showed the full amount of the tails...it sai something like $600 as value. I saw that other guys had less values declared. I think CBSA must have smartened up when they saw all the tails coming in through Mississauga.

:(

Grownman

Ready to race!
Holy shit Canada Customs! You might as well bang every other orifice on my body, because my hole is all loose from being rammed by you so hard!

My package was delivered to my office while I was out, and a card left for me to pick up. It said I owed $206.77!!! I've yet to go pick it up, but damn, that's almost 30% in taxes and duties. FML

Those of you in the Vancouver area - did you get charged as much, and what was the breakdown in fees? Also, those that didn't pay anything, what was the declared value by BKS?

It would have been cheaper to order from ECS and picked up at the border.
$857 for these babies...damn.
Those in the US complaining, this is the shit we have to deal with for living in Canada.

But thanks Lodi, for organizing the GB, it was nice until the CBSA ruined the party.
Hopefully I was wrongly charged for the amount so I can dispute it.

You have universal Healthcare. We don't.

cleel

Passed Driver's Ed
The declared value on mine was $855.. paid $160.77 to get my package from the post office. wtf.

Oh well, just happy to finally have them. They look great! Thanks lodi for setting this all up.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Damm, I feel bad for you guys man. I think stealthy1 might actually be onto something there. Maybe Canada Customs did start getting nosy when they saw so many shipments coming through from BKS. It seems like the duties charged kept getting higher and higher as more shipments came in. I'm even starting to wonder if that is why some of you guys ended up waiting so long for your tails to clear customs... .. .I'm seriously thinking about taking a road trip down to the States once or twice a year now, just to pick up all the mods I don't feel like getting raped on. I love Canada and all, but too much is too much...