GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**OEM Golf R LED Tails - Official Group Buy**

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
The declared value on mine was $855.. paid $160.77 to get my package from the post office. wtf.

Oh well, just happy to finally have them. They look great! Thanks lodi for setting this all up.

Well now I'm just gettin pissed. You guys should seriously dispute your charges. Obviously Canada Customs changed the declared value of your tails, cause there's no way BKS put anywhere near $855 as the value. Even if you tell them the actual amount you paid, you'll still be due a few bucks back.

Customs fuckers... .. .

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
ma_bo: I got charged $148 for customs and duties. HST was $100 itself...it sucks. Still, the group buy saved us $150 approximately, so I guess it wasn't that bad. That being said I was really disappointed when my invoice showed the full amount of the tails...it sai something like $600 as value. I saw that other guys had less values declared. I think CBSA must have smartened up when they saw all the tails coming in through Mississauga.

:(

ok, so that's about 25% tax total. 12% of it HST (harmonized sales tax) and 13% duty. Duty seems high- it should be about 6%. I'll have to look up the duty for auto parts tho to confirm.

I was charged $207, so that probably means the value for tax on my package was based on $830. fuckers.
Once I pick up my package tomorrow, I'll see what's going on and will probably dispute this and at least get some $$ back. That is if the gov't pays...

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
You have universal Healthcare. We don't.

I knew an American would bring that up :laugh:

Sounds good for you guys down south where you have to pay for your own healthcare, but here's the reality:

I pay $100/mo for this "universal" healthcare, whatever that means, and when you really need to use it, you won't get service until you're in a critical condition.

Two examples:

1. My wife, pregnant at 7 months, gets an unbearable pain she's never experienced before. She goes to the local walk-in clinic to get checked out, and was told to go to the ER since it looks to be appendicitis.
Barely able to walk, she waits patiently in the waiting room for 5 HOURS until she's finally admitted.
Doctors poke around and suspects appendicitis, but orders an ultrasound to see. Ultrasound technician can't find anything, so doctor orders MRI to look further. Wife gets priority MRI the next day since she's pregnant, and appendicitis is confirmed. Emergency surgery by endoscope (by remote camera) is done, and doctors notice the appeddix was partially perforated. Complete perforation could lead to death.
So, although my wife was treated, it took a very long time, and could have cost her or our baby's life.
Needless to say, I sent my wife back home to Japan to have the baby.
Turned out, she needed a C-section due to large baby, and kept her admitted for 10 days, which is the standard there. (wife's friend had c-section here, and was discharged in 3 days)
All costs were covered over there since it only takes a month for the healthcare to take effect after enrolling.

2. My mother has been having odd symptoms of spotty hair loss, tender scalp, and loss of taste. Doctors can't find out what is wrong, and says it may have somthing to do with menopause.
My pharmacist brother in law who works at a hospital in Japan asked the doctors there what the symptoms might mean, and was told it might be a neurological disorder, so my mother should get an MRI or CT scan done to rule out any obvious diseases.
We go to our doctor, and was told the waiting list to get a scan is 1 YEAR.
So, my mother has to wait 1 year with fear of having some serious disease, not knowing if it could be treated if found soon. We all hear of people dying if it could have been found sooner. So much for preventative medicine.
I say fuck that, ask my brother in law if an MRI and other test could be done over there while my parents visit and see our newborn. I told him even if it means paying out of pocket for the tests.
He checked with the hospital, and told us that she could have it done anytime, and it will cost around $200. No problem, that's cheap for an examination and peace of mind.

I look forward to the day I retire and move over there. Can't even buy a house where I live. Average $1M for a fix-er-upper.

The reality is, a lot of Canadians go south of the border for medical services because it's so lacking here. So much for universal healthcare. I'd rather pay a bit more and get the service.

Anyways, sorry for the long off-topic rant.
I just had to vent and say something bad about living here, after what canada customs is doing to us.

Grownman

Ready to race!
I knew an American would bring that up :laugh:

Sounds good for you guys down south where you have to pay for your own healthcare, but here's the reality:

I pay $100/mo for this "universal" healthcare, whatever that means, and when you really need to use it, you won't get service until you're in a critical condition.

Two examples:

1. My wife, pregnant at 7 months, gets an unbearable pain she's never experienced before. She goes to the local walk-in clinic to get checked out, and was told to go to the ER since it looks to be appendicitis.
Barely able to walk, she waits patiently in the waiting room for 5 HOURS until she's finally admitted.
Doctors poke around and suspects appendicitis, but orders an ultrasound to see. Ultrasound technician can't find anything, so doctor orders MRI to look further. Wife gets priority MRI the next day since she's pregnant, and appendicitis is confirmed. Emergency surgery by endoscope (by remote camera) is done, and doctors notice the appeddix was partially perforated. Complete perforation could lead to death.
So, although my wife was treated, it took a very long time, and could have cost her or our baby's life.
Needless to say, I sent my wife back home to Japan to have the baby.
Turned out, she needed a C-section due to large baby, and kept her admitted for 10 days, which is the standard there. (wife's friend had c-section here, and was discharged in 3 days)
All costs were covered over there since it only takes a month for the healthcare to take effect after enrolling.

2. My mother has been having odd symptoms of spotty hair loss, tender scalp, and loss of taste. Doctors can't find out what is wrong, and says it may have somthing to do with menopause.
My pharmacist brother in law who works at a hospital in Japan asked the doctors there what the symptoms might mean, and was told it might be a neurological disorder, so my mother should get an MRI or CT scan done to rule out any obvious diseases.
We go to our doctor, and was told the waiting list to get a scan is 1 YEAR.
So, my mother has to wait 1 year with fear of having some serious disease, not knowing if it could be treated if found soon. We all hear of people dying if it could have been found sooner. So much for preventative medicine.
I say fuck that, ask my brother in law if an MRI and other test could be done over there while my parents visit and see our newborn. I told him even if it means paying out of pocket for the tests.
He checked with the hospital, and told us that she could have it done anytime, and it will cost around $200. No problem, that's cheap for an examination and peace of mind.

I look forward to the day I retire and move over there. Can't even buy a house where I live. Average $1M for a fix-er-upper.

The reality is, a lot of Canadians go south of the border for medical services because it's so lacking here. So much for universal healthcare. I'd rather pay a bit more and get the service.

Anyways, sorry for the long off-topic rant.
I just had to vent and say something bad about living here, after what canada customs is doing to us.

Damn man, I was just kidding. I feel you for the customs fee, that truly is bullshit.

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
Damn man, I was just kidding. I feel you for the customs fee, that truly is bullshit.

lol, I just put that out there so the US guys have a better understanding of how we have it here. The grass is always greener on the other side right?:)
Taxes are the killer here. It's no wonder Canadians are more frugal than Americans. It shows in the way people tip at restaurants- just ask anyone from Montreal :p
Sure, we're more open to refugees and caring to the low to no income folks, but that money has to come from somewhere right? Yeah, taxes:thumbdown:

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
Anyways, positively thinking after this bullshit, my VW salesguy e-mailed me today to say my 2012 is scheduled to arrive by the end of this month- two weeks ahead of original schedule. yay!
My current 2011 was backed into by a dumbfuck pulling a trailer down in washington earlier this year and did $9000 in cosmetic damage to the front end. Couldn't handle the hurt done to a 1.5mo old GTI and ordered a replacement, even knowing that I take a depreciation hit the minute I drove it off the lot.
But that's for another thread.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
On a more positive note :)

All the way down here in Australia :)

Kev

Uberryan

Banned
lol, I just put that out there so the US guys have a better understanding of how we have it here. The grass is always greener on the other side right?:)
Taxes are the killer here. It's no wonder Canadians are more frugal than Americans. It shows in the way people tip at restaurants- just ask anyone from Montreal :p
Sure, we're more open to refugees and caring to the low to no income folks, but that money has to come from somewhere right? Yeah, taxes:thumbdown:

In reference to canadians who are "frugal" because of high expenses back home, and in regards to tipping, as I used to work in a number of restaurants through college, and french canadians/canadians on average in general never tipped even remotely well 9 times out of 10 while they were on vacation in the states. If you are on a budget, or can't afford to tip according to that country's standards, (US is typically 20% for "good" service) and more as service ratings increase, then you stay your ass the fuck home.

No need for you to enjoy an evening out, dropping money on alcohol, expensive food, and desserts, if you can't even afford to tip accordingly for the service. Order a pizza and a sixxer at your hotel room, and spare these servers your crude manners, demanding attitudes, and cheap gratuities. I remember I hated french canadians when I'd get them. Waste of my time. Decent people otherwise, but in generosity, tipping, etc, they never got it. Servers are paid ridiculously low amounts hourly because their employers, and our dumbass government assume people will be tipping somewhat humanely, but obviously this isn't always the case, and if you pay with a credit card, half the time the employer requires the server to pay for the CC fees, and moreover the server has to tip out bar staff, and bussing staff that they work with, leaving them with even less money.

You might not care, but you keep that in mind the next time your out and see a tip automatically added in. It's because people have ruined the trust factor between server and customer.

/rant

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
In reference to canadians who are "frugal" because of high expenses back home, and in regards to tipping, as I used to work in a number of restaurants through college, and french canadians/canadians on average in general never tipped even remotely well 9 times out of 10 while they were on vacation in the states. If you are on a budget, or can't afford to tip according to that country's standards, (US is typically 20% for "good" service) and more as service ratings increase, then you stay your ass the fuck home.

No need for you to enjoy an evening out, dropping money on alcohol, expensive food, and desserts, if you can't even afford to tip accordingly for the service. Order a pizza and a sixxer at your hotel room, and spare these servers your crude manners, demanding attitudes, and cheap gratuities. I remember I hated french canadians when I'd get them. Waste of my time. Decent people otherwise, but in generosity, tipping, etc, they never got it. Servers are paid ridiculously low amounts hourly because their employers, and our dumbass government assume people will be tipping somewhat humanely, but obviously this isn't always the case, and if you pay with a credit card, half the time the employer requires the server to pay for the CC fees, and moreover the server has to tip out bar staff, and bussing staff that they work with, leaving them with even less money.

You might not care, but you keep that in mind the next time your out and see a tip automatically added in. It's because people have ruined the trust factor between server and customer.

/rant

lol, well said.
I used to wait tables at restaurants when younger and know what it's like on the other side. What is it with french canadians? I don't have personal experience, but friends serving tables all say the same thing.
Go to Japan and tip, and they'll come after you saying you over paid. lol Tipping is only customary to PR girls at the cabarets there.:p

Note to those who are rude and unreasonable to servers at restaurants:
Servers get back at these people by quietly adding "special seasoning" to the food. :lol:

MK6ART

Ready to race!
Since we're currently on this topic. All you former and current servers can you share some stories of what and when you added "special seasoning" to the food to rude guests? Don't be shy and be honest although I'm probably going to be grossed out. Personally I'm always really polite and respectful to servers so I would hope it hasn't happened to me. Looking forward to some crazy stories lol
:scared0016:

Uberryan

Banned
Since we're currently on this topic. All you former and current servers can you share some stories of what and when you added "special seasoning" to the food to rude guests? Don't be shy and be honest although I'm probably going to be grossed out. Personally I'm always really polite and respectful to servers so I would hope it hasn't happened to me. Looking forward to some crazy stories lol
:scared0016:

Ever ordered a clam chowder at a restaurant?

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
picked up the package today.
The customs bastards classified the item as "carpets/floor" at a duty rate of 12.5%. Add to that HST 12% and a "handling fee" of $8.50.
BKS valued the item at 550e :mad: US$607(I think shipping was $40) should be more like 450e, so I don't know why BKS wrote such a high number.
And there's no way the mis-classification was a mistake, because they pulled out the shipping invoice and it clearly states CARPARTS 550e.
The duty on automobile parts should be 6%, so my guess is that they used a classification with a high duty rate in hopes that I won't notice or be too lazy to dispute it.
Well, I'm going to send in the dispute tomorrow to these fuckers.

Otherwise, beautiful pieces of auto parts!:D

mark986

Ready to race!
Yea, mine were listed at 550euro as well. But, you canadians are getting raped on duties.

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
Ouch! That was the one thing I was worried about when I opened my box lol.
I just finished sealed my lights since I didn't want to take any chances with leaks. Putting them on tomorrow!

What did you do to extra-seal your lights?