GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much is Octane 91 in your place?

Larry70454

Ready to race!
Meh, it's okay if you're willing to bend the rules a bit. Like I'm pretty sure there are sketchy smog places willing to overlook a downpipe, for example.

I used to love living in Colorado, tons of hills and tight curves throughout the streets. I imagine CA is kind of the same type of roads. How is it?

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
93 octane here, $3.97/gallon at Hess.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
$1.41/litre up here in North Bay... that was on Tuesday though, its probably higher today.

I only buy at Shell

Vesper

Ready to race!
I'm a <1 week GTI owner. Filled up today for the first time. Per guidance I got on this thread I filled with 91.

3.659 per gallon on the way to Baltimore from Bethlehem, PA.

So 91 is the min? I can go up to 93 too right?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
$1.39 East Coast bastards... .. .Jumped a full 6 cents a litre overnight last week...:cry:

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres for anybody who's wondering...

Which means I'm paying $5.26 a gallon! :cry::cry:

Yes, but how much of that is taxes? :) I know Europe is about 50% tax. lol

Chevron 91 is around $4.11 average here, that's with 18 cents state tax and I think 18 cents federal tax as well.

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Chevron 91 is around $4.11 average here, that's with 18 cents state tax and I think 18 cents federal tax as well.

FYI, CA sales tax applies to gas purchases too, but even with that we still pay less for gas than in Europe.

Larry70454

Ready to race!
I'm a <1 week GTI owner. Filled up today for the first time. Per guidance I got on this thread I filled with 91.

3.659 per gallon on the way to Baltimore from Bethlehem, PA.

So 91 is the min? I can go up to 93 too right?

You should use exactly what is recommended, however, using higher octane will not necessarily hurt. I have read a lot about using higher octane than what is tuned for, I still don't know the facts only that most opinions are that it's safe.