GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does the base high beam have a blueish tint to it?

ps23

Ready to race!
If the car was registered/titled then they cannot sell a used car as new to you. Is the light bulb Hella or Osram? If it is a PIAA or some off brand then someone replaced the OEM bulbs and you should complain to the dealer and ask them to prove to you it is not used car and you can always call VOA. Good luck.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If the car was registered/titled then they cannot sell a used car as new to you. Is the light bulb Hella or Osram? If it is a PIAA or some off brand then someone replaced the OEM bulbs and you should complain to the dealer and ask them to prove to you it is not used car and you can always call VOA. Good luck.

Well I just realized that the bulb was different last night and it was too dark to take it out. Took the car to work today, so after work I shall investigate further.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
It actually does, not sure what the small bulb has to do with anything though.

If you notice there is a dark line across the top of the bulb from front to back similar to the wire that would be present on an HID/Xenon not present in a standard halogen bulb.

There is also no focused hot spot of a filament as there would be in a halogen bulb.

The bulb is also quite elongated much more like a HID/Xenon bulb would be as compared to a standard halogen bulb.

In a xenon assembly the xenon light is to outside of the housing..in this case to the left of the pic. there is also a city light wich is wedge shaped under the end of the xenon housing, then to the right your highbeams. this is clearly not a xenon set up. Why are we even debating this?

edit. The xenon "bulb" is a globe shape without the textured virtical lines in it. The one in the pic has these lines.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
The OP is not asking whether he has the factory Bi-Xenon option, he is asking whether the bulb pictured is factory or not.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The OP is not asking whether he has the factory Bi-Xenon option, he is asking whether the bulb pictured is factory or not.

Correct :mad0259:

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion

Here you go - light on in the top pic and close up of the bulb with the light off in the bottom pic. It does have a slight bluish tint around the bulb itself but the actual beam matches the low beam hue. From the pics it looks like yours is alright, give it a look and compare it to the bottom pic of the bulb. Best I could do on my iPhone

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
golf-led-lamp-1.jpg This is a xenon set up..(with leds but the same as 2011)

Sorry, guess we kind of thread jacked you OP. Just trying to clear up the difference between xenon and non xenon set ups. Now back to the original topic, I say go in and ask the dealer face to face if they are "sure" its a new car...

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
It's 100% factory, you have nothing to worry about.

Mine is EXACTLY like that.

We got really, really good bulbs.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It's 100% factory, you have nothing to worry about.

Mine is EXACTLY like that.

We got really, really good bulbs.
Well awesome :lol: I just ran the carfax before reading this.

Looks like my car went through 3 dealers before being sold to me

01/03/2011 4 Stevens Creek Volkswagen
San Jose, CA
408-260-9300
www.stevenscreekvw.com
ww.stevenscreekvw.c
om Maintenance inspection completed
Pre-delivery inspection completed
Washed/detailed
01/14/2011 84 Hammer Lane Volkswagen
Stockton, CA
209-644-8500
www.hammerlanevw.com Vehicle offered for sale
02/04/2011 Zamora Automotive Group
Stockton, CA
www.hammerlanevw.com Tire condition and pressure checked
08/20/2011 309 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hayward, CA Odometer reading reported
09/19/2011 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hayward, CA Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Just trying to clear up the difference between xenon and non xenon set ups.

No one including myself was unsure about this or even eluding to the fact that it was a Xenon housing.

The OP felt his car was possibly not brand new when he bought it and was questioning whether someone could have modified it.

The shape, illumination pattern, and solid black line across the top of the bulb in his photo looked very much like a Xenon bulb (note I specifically stated bulb in my first response.

Now that rockchop provided some pictures of his lights both on and off they look similar in how they illuminate and so that basically eliminates it being someone put an Xenon bulb in the housing.

If maxtdi still isn't sure he an check the color of the glass on the bulb itself as mentioned. If it is blue at all when off it isn't stock, chances are it is stock and just appears bluer due to the type of reflector, position in the reflector and possibly wattage compared to the low beam.

If still uncertain after that and questioning if the car was in fact new he can check the history at his local dealer for free at the service department. They will show a date it was checked if it sat on the lot for a while, it will show a date it was swapped in if it was swapped, and it will show a date for a PDI which should only be a day or two at most before taking delivery. That will be in VWs system and cannot be fudged unless the dealer just never put it in which is unlikely since that would mean they don't get paid. If it was never put in and the car was never titled even if the car left and was returned it still would legally be new in most states. Even a dealer demo car can have upwards of 5000 miles and be sold as new in many states.

If you are curious about the 302 miles simply check your window sticker as it will show the dealer it was originally shipped to. It may have been a swap car that was driven to the dealer from the original dealer.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
^^^ You must have missed my previous post.>> I just ran the carfax

My car went between 3 dealers, which would explain the license plate holes as every deal put their own "plate surrounds" on it. It also explains the 300+ miles put on the car since the dealers are 60-70 miles apart from eachother 1 way.

I just took a look at the bulb during daylight its... clear. At night it lights up blueish. You can see it in my pic as well as the other pic posted. Very odd.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
I started posting before you had posted did something and came back posted, so yeah missed it until the screen refreshed.

According to the carfax stevenscreek did a no no entering a PDI into the system on a swapped car. Unfortunately some dealers do this all the time to screw the dealer getting the car. The dealer who enters the PDI gets paid from VW for work they never did and this often means the second dealer does a rush PDI since they are now doing it for free. VW can't really do anything because all they had to do was claim that they had the car sold but the buyer backed out after they did it so there is no way to actually prevent it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The car went from
Stevens Creek>>>Hammer Lane>>>>Sunnyvale (where I bought the car)

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
The PDI is supposed to be done by the dealer you hand the money to and hands you the keys. It is supposed to be a check of the car for the final time before you take it home. If dealer A does the PDI in the system and dealer B sells it 9 months later a lot could have happened in that time. Same for the wash/detail that should be done within hours of you taking delivery of the car.

Simplified version.. stevens creek conned VW and and stole money from sunnyvale, potentially sacrificing the quality of the car you got in the process. (not saying anything is wrong just saying this is why things are done a certain way)