GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does the base high beam have a blueish tint to it?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

The high beam bulb is def blue on my car. I bought the car new... and I haven't messed with any of the bulbs. Just curious if everyone else's are the same.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Anyone????

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I haven't noticed on mine (I have the regular halogens on my GTI). Overall I'm actually somewhat unimpressed with the high beams but thats probably due to the fact that the regular halogen headlights are very good. Next time I come home at night I'll take a look regarding the color.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I haven't noticed on mine (I have the regular halogens on my GTI). Overall I'm actually somewhat unimpressed with the high beams but thats probably due to the fact that the regular halogen headlights are very good. Next time I come home at night I'll take a look regarding the color.

I have had this strange feeling that the dealer sold me a "used" new car (with 302 miles)... things like that keep popping up. Just trying to calm my nerves. :laugh:

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
^^^That is deff NOT a xenon bulb. There is a small bulb there plus the arrangment in the whole headlight assembly is not xenon.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

The high beam bulb is def blue on my car. I bought the car new... and I haven't messed with any of the bulbs. Just curious if everyone else's are the same.

Nope...Standard bulbs are 4300K which are pretty white.

I have had this strange feeling that the dealer sold me a "used" new car (with 302 miles)... things like that keep popping up. Just trying to calm my nerves. :laugh:

Hmmmm...You might want to research that a bit... A carfax will show prior registrations..

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
^^^That is deff NOT a xenon bulb. There is a small bulb there plus the arrangment in the whole headlight assembly is not xenon.

It actually does, not sure what the small bulb has to do with anything though.

If you notice there is a dark line across the top of the bulb from front to back similar to the wire that would be present on an HID/Xenon not present in a standard halogen bulb.

There is also no focused hot spot of a filament as there would be in a halogen bulb.

The bulb is also quite elongated much more like a HID/Xenon bulb would be as compared to a standard halogen bulb.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Is that your car or a photo you found?

That really looks like a xenon bulb in the picture posted.

That's my car.

Its the first time I saw the high beams at night without being in the car and I was a little surprised.

When you look directly at the car you can tell that it has a blueish hue to it. The bulb color is bluish also.

Its not an HID/Xenon bulb.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Nope...Standard bulbs are 4300K which are pretty white.

Hmmmm...You might want to research that a bit... A carfax will show prior registrations..

I didn't want to shell out $20 for a carfax just yet but after discovering hidden license plate mounting holes with no screws in them and now these bulbs I am getting very very suspicious.

My paperwork states "NEW" car when I bought it a little over 2 months ago...

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
I didn't want to shell out $20 for a carfax just yet but after discovering hidden license plate mounting holes with no screws in them and now these bulbs I am getting very very suspicious.

My paperwork states "NEW" car when I bought it a little over 2 months ago...

so you would rather worry for days then shell out 20 bucks? spend the 20 and see whats going on

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Or just go and ask the dealership you bought it from to carfax the car since your doubting about being new or not.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
so you would rather worry for days then shell out 20 bucks? spend the 20 and see whats going on

No I would rather not. I thought I was just over-reacting when i saw the licence plate holes.

But clearly its cheaper to solicit feedback weather or not this is stock than paying $20.