GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your Top Speed?

miami90

Ready to race!

Stop laughing you have the Autobahn :( ..if you see how some people drive here, you would be awestruck...I didn't mean dangerous cause of us, but people here will be driving 45 on the highway and get in your lane with no signal. stupid people

KAH1

Passed Driver's Ed
Post your GPS or it didn't happen!

or you have some rudimentary photoshop skills
fake_gps.jpg

not accusing AXO of not going 132 just pointing out a GPS image could be fake or the GPS could have been in some other type of vehicle at it's max speed

some of you folks are crazy stay safe and especially don't risk anyone else's life

in the unlikely event you find yourself exceeding the posted speed limit (like it seems the view out of your windshield has taken a Doppler blue shift) DON'T take one hand off the wheel to film your dash with your smart phone

ok ok KAH is heading back to the old man threads now

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
theres a vid of some dude on here doing ~170 in his k04 gti.. some european country. The speedo needle was all the way at the end it looked pretty gnarly

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Pulled 115 mph by a miracle in my stock '00 Civic when I was 17. It also took the ENTIRE length of the I-90 bridge to hit that number. The bridge is 1.25 miles long.

110 mph in my GTI (while stock). On freeway... like a dumb ass. Well worth it when you don't get caught.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Pulled 115 mph by a miracle in my stock '00 Civic when I was 17. It also took the ENTIRE length of the I-90 bridge to hit that number. The bridge is 1.25 miles long.

110 mph in my GTI (while stock). On freeway... like a dumb ass. Well worth it when you don't get caught.

Lolz, I got my '97 'Vic to 118 in high school... I was going downhill and not even on the interstate, yikes! She was certainly tapped out by that point. I think that was before I even got summer rubber, so I was probably really pushing the limits of my $50 a piece all seasons. I've grown to be a bit more mature now.

Fordson

Ready to race!
135 on the stock H-rated Pirellis. From past experience with other cars I would say it had another 15-18 mph in it. It felt about how I expected it to.

I didn't pee my pants or have my life flash before my eyes - it was pretty stable aerodynamically. If I were going to spend much time in the over-125 mph world it would have W- or Y-rated summer tires and probably DG springs to tie it down a little better.

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
I hit 135 the other day, still had plenty of juice left. When this snow goes away I'll have to push it all the way.

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
Went snowboarding today in the Eastern Alps, on the way back I hit 151.... woot!

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Our speedos are not accurately. That's why most that top end race use GPS. You speedo will probably indicate faster then you are probably traveling. Some can be off as much as 10 or more MPHs.

My Speedo is about 2 MPH over during highway speeds of 65 to 80. It gets worse the faster I go.