GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your Top Speed?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I don't think I would attempt that photo while driving that fast......

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Our speedos are not accurately. That's why most that top end race use GPS. You speedo will probably indicate faster then you are probably traveling. Some can be off as much as 10 or more MPHs.

My Speedo is about 2 MPH over during highway speeds of 65 to 80. It gets worse the faster I go.

The gauge is off, but the digital readout in the MFD is spot on with GPS... in my car, at least.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I ran 132 stock without a remap. I haven't ran her again since completing Turbo Back 3" Exhaust and APR's Stage 2 Tune. I am also running 19" Wheels which will also throw my Speedo off a bit.

Anyone running this setup get a top speed. I am curious how much my Top End Improved or Worsened.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
lol i have one of those pics too. I had other ones that were more blurry, this was like my 3rd try.

I usually race up to 140. I'm not sure how you guys can tell max speed when you haven't hit it yet but my car feels like it's topping off around then, and the rpms are pretty high. But I'll take your word for it.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Our speedos are not accurately. That's why most that top end race use GPS. You speedo will probably indicate faster then you are probably traveling. Some can be off as much as 10 or more MPHs.

My Speedo is about 2 MPH over during highway speeds of 65 to 80. It gets worse the faster I go.

My old 2.5l was off by a lot. I would need to be at about 108-109km/h on the speedo do be going 100km/h. I really noticed it when I was doing 130km/h in a 100 zone and car were passing me (usually at 130 you are passing everyone here in ontario). I asked the dealership about it and they said they can calibrate the speedo but if it under 10% of a difference then I have to pay.

Apparently anything in the 0-10% range is the acceptable range for all cars it just happens that VW is closer to 10%. The service guy at my dealership said he gets a lot of people asking/complaining about this and said a lot of VW are close to the 10% mark.

Krungthep10250

[/IMG]

It's an old thread but thought it was cool to share my experience. Just an APR stage 1 tune.

KittehKinsMK6

Ready to race!
I reached 130 when I had stage 2. Car held up amazing! But that was stretching my comfort zone haha

cevil203

Ready to race!
I hit 110 today with my new Stage 2 flash. The crazy part was I just hammering on the pedal, no intention or realization I was going that fast. Sort of scary haha

barnett_GTi

I have had 148 out of mine on a flat surface, surprising how much power is still available at 130 when you kick down. Private road of course!