GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Launch Control Question

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
The entire car does not operate well until its under normal operating conditions. Normally, thats around the 1/4 mark on the temperature gauge. I try to wait to go nuts when it hits vertical, that way I can ensure I'm boosting properly.

Back when I had a BMW M Roadster, it specifically stated in the manual to restrict any performance driving until the OIL temp was up to 140 (if I recall the temp correctly), and the car gave you a nice analog oil gauge so you could watch it crawl up. The thing is, the oil temp came up way slower than the coolant, so even though it appeared the engine was up to temp from the coolant gauge, the oil took about 2x as long to warm up.

I don't know if that was just a specific BMW thing, but ever since then I've done the same with ever car I've had. I can't see oil temp on my GTI, but I wait to pound on it until the coolant has been up to temp for a while.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Yeah, LC with stage 1 is tough. If you rev to 3000 you'll spin the tires swerve, and get axle hop all at the same time. You have to hold the gas at about 1500 (not easy). When it does hook up it is worth it. I'm getting PS2's in the spring when I go stage 2, it should help.

Flapenn

2011 Wheel Gap Champion
^^ true that

i have apr sgt1 and when i tested out LC it hung at 3k rpms till i let of the brake and then the tires just started spinning and hopping i had to let off the gas for it to hook up then i was on my merry way.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I have to try it on my Wife's 2012 DSG CC. (of course when she is not in the car :23:)

JesGistang

Passed Driver's Ed

PRGTI

I just got my GTI back from the shop (they paint the passager side, horrible job by the way). I tried the lunch control and my stock GTI scream like a bi... I really like this utulity on the GTI.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Bump for having fun with LC!

swervinVI

Ready to race!
Here are a couple launches I did. The first was when I was still stock and still learning how to use LC. I held the rpm's at 3k and pretty much spun my tires for all of first gear. The second video is with stage 2 and I learned the sweet spot for launching is around 2100 rpm's. The tires hook up well, but the DSG effed me and shifted into second a bit too soon. I've launched perfectly a few times, but unfortunately it wasn't being filmed. :/