GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Launch Control Question

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I was wonder how you can tell if you have this or not. I tried disabling my traction control and power braked it. First attempt the highest I could rev it was 1,200 rpms. The second time it reved to about 2,400 rpms. I had the understanding that if you can rev it to 3,000 rpms, your Launch Control is activated.

Can someone please shed some light on this. I also heard that the dealer will activate it at no charge. I am due for my first service in 600 miles.

Thanks in Advance AXO :thumbsup:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Put it in D mode. Turn off TC. Switch to S mode or M mode. If you are in S or M before you turn off TC, if I recall correctly, it won't work unless you switch it to the other mode. In other words, if you are in S and then turn off TC, you'd need to switch to M for it to work, or visa versa.

I could be remembering incorrectly, and I reserve the right to be wrong here, because I've had snow tires on for a few months. :(

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Were you in sport or manual mode?

chino246

Ready to race!
I believe it is, Take TC off put in "S" Mode unsure if there is really an order. I think as long as you're in "S" mode and the TC is off you're good! GL

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I was in sport mode and then turned off TC. I am a little unclear if there is an order.

Another question. Do all DSG GTIs have this option activated from the factory?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the Thread link Vesper. Surprisingly this thread did not appear when I used the search function.

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
does anyone know if launch control works in a 6sp gti?

chino246

Ready to race!
^^HA!

BlackHawk23

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe it is, Take TC off put in "S" Mode unsure if there is really an order. I think as long as you're in "S" mode and the TC is off you're good! GL

You should be able to use launch control in M mode as well. I have done this several times at the drag strip

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
do u floor the gas immediately after releasing brake? or just hold the gas?

Just hold the gas the whole time. Worked well at stock for me. I have a feeling with stage 1 I'll just sit there and burn the tires.