GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do you set your alarm silently?

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Haven't tried, and I'm going strictly off memory, but isn't there a choice in the MFD options for turning off the horn when turning on the alarm??

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Vagcom brother. I like the horn, it lets me know it's locked from a distance. I have the unlock horn activated too.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Burrcold

Passed Driver's Ed
I like it as a reminder, but I hate when I get home late from work, only to have it wake my 1 year old daughter up (her bedroom is right over the garage). That's really the only time I wish there was an option.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
My Mk5 had this in MFD not sure why you need vag on the mk6. The horn is really annoying, I went out of my way to have mine Vag'ed.

TAG12GTI

Ready to race!
So is there no horn confirmation after vagcom? Or can you hit "lock" a second time for the horn confirmation (like the rest of the alarms that I've ever had?)

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
So is there no horn confirmation after vagcom? Or can you hit "lock" a second time for the horn confirmation (like the rest of the alarms that I've ever had?)

It is a universal no honk. The screen below is how it looks in VCDS (bit 1). Also, bit 2 lets you enable the ability to turn it on/off in the MFA. Note that it's checked in the pic, so you'd actually uncheck it to enable this. I just tried this, and you can see what it looks like in the other pic in the MFA. The "ATA Confirm" checkbox works perfectly. Uncheck it and the horn goes away. Check it again and it comes back. Slick! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-10-20 at 8.01.40 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-10-20 at 8.01.40 PM.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 681
  • mfa.jpg
    mfa.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

ranman80

Passed Driver's Ed
I like it as a reminder, but I hate when I get home late from work, only to have it wake my 1 year old daughter up (her bedroom is right over the garage). That's really the only time I wish there was an option.

Couldn't you just hit the lock button on your driver door like the good ole days?

John Y1

Ready to race!

Well, now you know - so she can sleep in peace! Un-check "ATA confirm" in the MFD.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
It is a universal no honk. The screen below is how it looks in VCDS (bit 1). Also, bit 2 lets you enable the ability to turn it on/off in the MFA. Note that it's checked in the pic, so you'd actually uncheck it to enable this. I just tried this, and you can see what it looks like in the other pic in the MFA. The "ATA Confirm" checkbox works perfectly. Uncheck it and the horn goes away. Check it again and it comes back. Slick! :thumbsup:

Thank you for this info! I didn't know this was possible, but that's awesome!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for this info! I didn't know this was possible, but that's awesome!

No problem. I didn't know it was possible either, until today when I looked. :)

flug2012

Ready to race!
I just figured this out today myself. Seems like the MDI doesn't offer a lot of settings for other things that you'd have to control with Vagcom... I think our menus are smaller then the Euro versions...