GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI has Defective Paint?

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
I get it back today so I'll let you know what they did to fix the problem. I do know that no painting was done. So I'm thinking everyone who said polish was correct. I'll know for sure this afternoon. If I'm not content I'll take stocktastic up on his offer. I'll be posting some pics and what more info later for sure.

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
Spaz, let me know if they did anything for you. I may take mine in because I have had similar spotting on my car.

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
Spaz, let me know if they did anything for you. I may take mine in because I have had similar spotting on my car.

They fixed it, though the service manager was unsure of how.. He's going to call me back tomorrow and give me more information. He told me they think the plastic covering that was attached during shipping was improperly removed. He also said that it could have separated the clear coat from the base. I'm not sure how that's really possible. Anyway he told me to keep an eye on my paint because they don't know if it's going to resurface. The entire situation is upsetting, but at least it's fixed for now...

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
They fixed it, though the service manager was unsure of how.. He's going to call me back tomorrow and give me more information. He told me they think the plastic covering that was attached during shipping was improperly removed. He also said that it could have separated the clear coat from the base. I'm not sure how that's really possible. Anyway he told me to keep an eye on my paint because they don't know if it's going to resurface. The entire situation is upsetting, but at least it's fixed for now...

It probably won't come back. It's pretty damn hard to separate paint once it's cured.

The Service Manager, as well as the entire Service Team is really good up there.

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
Go I got my car back last week from the dealer, but I was on a training op so I didn't have a chance to look it over carefully until yesterday. I'm sad to say that my roof still has the strange marks on it. I even circled all the effected areas on the car so they would not be missed. I'm done asking the dealer for help. Stocktastic, can you help me?

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Wait, so it's on the roof too?

I was under the impression that it was just that isolated area on the hood.

Can you post pics of the roof?

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
I can try. It's hard due to the glare though. The camera dosnt want to focus on the car, just the reflection.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Use your finger to make it focus.

In other words, find the spot, place your finger on it, and let it focus on that.

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
Alight I'll give it a shot tomorrow. It just sucks that I circled it with a dry erase marker so they would see where I was talking about, and yet nothing at all was done. I know its not the dealers fault. The body shop that they use sucks..

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I have dealt with National and they are great, but I haven't dealt with their Body Shop.

Post up the pics and we'll go from there. I wish I knew when I'd be back up there so we could meet up without you having to drive all the way down here just to have me look at it.

If it comes down to it, we can just try something next weekend or something.

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
I'm always down for A weekend drive to Wilmington. I'll post pics sometime tomorrow and well go from there. Thanks for helping me out. I'll prob owe you a few drinks. Haha

GoodyGTI'12

Passed Driver's Ed
It looks like overspray, but I cant tell for certain since Im not looking at it. (obviously a clay bar and a high speed buffer would remove so it mst not be overspray) Ive been in autobody for 11 years (www.abraauto.com) check out our site. I will say 110% that if the defect doesnt go away and they need to refinish the panels, dont be worried, you dont have to paint a whole car to match the paint. And Ive never heard of clear seperating from the base, thats a load of shit.

I got my car from Bob King is Wilmington and they spotted in my bumper prior to delivery...and it was a shit job. They assured me that they would fix it but I dont trust their painter. Its sad that shitty "spot job" guys are hired to paint brand new cars on the dealer lot...its reality...and its a joke.

I hope they get this resolved for you.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
It looks like overspray, but I cant tell for certain since Im not looking at it. (obviously a clay bar and a high speed buffer would remove so it mst not be overspray) Ive been in autobody for 11 years (www.abraauto.com) check out our site. I will say 110% that if the defect doesnt go away and they need to refinish the panels, dont be worried, you dont have to paint a whole car to match the paint. And Ive never heard of clear seperating from the base, thats a load of shit.

I got my car from Bob King is Wilmington and they spotted in my bumper prior to delivery...and it was a shit job. They assured me that they would fix it but I dont trust their painter. Its sad that shitty "spot job" guys are hired to paint brand new cars on the dealer lot...its reality...and its a joke.

I hope they get this resolved for you.

FYI, everything Bob King does is a shit job.

:lol:

Pretty sure I've seen you around too!

GoodyGTI'12

Passed Driver's Ed
FYI, everything Bob King does is a shit job.

:lol:

Pretty sure I've seen you around too!

Yeah dude they did a bad job...Im trying to give them an invoice for painting the bumper and get them to pay for it. Maybe I'll have to go to VWOA. I wont let them touch my car when it comes to refinishing...

Think Ive seen you too, gray w yellow fogs? Only a few that Ive seen in Wilmington.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah dude they did a bad job...Im trying to give them an invoice for painting the bumper and get them to pay for it. Maybe I'll have to go to VWOA. I wont let them touch my car when it comes to refinishing...

Think Ive seen you too, gray w yellow fogs? Only a few that Ive seen in Wilmington.

VWoA won't back you for shit.

I'm 'Banned' from Bob King. For life.

They won't work on my car ever again... even if I don't own it.

There is a big long thread on here about it. It's a good read, and let's you know who you're really dealing with at that place.

I drive to National VW in Jville... EXCELLENT service. They know about the Bob King deal, they don't treat me any different that anyone else up there.

I may have seen you too, but I just have stock fogs. They are my DRLs so they kinda look yellow.

Gotta meet up sometime.