GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI has Defective Paint?

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
So I brought my GTI back in December of last year. Since I brought It Ive babied the paint. I always keep a coat of wax on it and wash it at least every 2 weeks. When I first noticed this on my paint I tried to remove it with claybar with no effect, It looks like its under the clear coat. I have no idea what could have caused this kind if defect in the paint. I took it to the dealer on Friday and Im waiting for them to reply to me as how they will fix it. The photos I attached are only of the hood, but I also have these defects on my roof. Im really worried about whats going to happen. I dont think they could repaint the roof and the hood and with out them having to repaint the entire car. Has anyone else had any issues like this? Also what should I be expecting from the dealer? The car only has 54xx miles on it as of right now. Im really upset about the entire situation, I never expected this on a new car.

Attachments

• IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 541

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Looks very weird dude. Did you leave a plastic bag or somth like that sitting on your car while out in the sun at any point in time? That's about all I can come up with at the moment...:iono:

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
It looks like adhesive from the white protective plastic the cars are shipped with. I was under the impression that the plastic was static/ shrink fit without adhesive.
Is this area textured strangely?

If its in the paint it's not from the factory. Many new cars have paint and body repairs due to damage in transit across the pond to the US and then to the dealers.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it seems as it is resulting from sort of plastic that was left on it. The previous two are both probabilities really.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
If they can't figure it out, bring it to me and I will.

It looks like it may be able to be polished off... Has your car ever been painted?

It's above the clear since the reflection is flat, if it was below, you would be able to see the imperfection, but it would be glossy.

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
I actually noticed that a bit on my car. It usually was where i had a bird poop on it and if I didn't get it off immediately, like within an hour, it made markings like that on mine. I am very meticulous and try to use the best products readily available but I have a spot on my hood that won't come completely clean either. I don't know if it's the same situation with yours or not, maybe a different substance that was on your car in the sun that did the same thing. I feel like maybe the clearcoat on the dark cars aren't protective enough when sun bakes it?

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
It looks like adhesive from the white protective plastic the cars are shipped with. I was under the impression that the plastic was static/ shrink fit without adhesive.
Is this area textured strangely?

If its in the paint it's not from the factory. Many new cars have paint and body repairs due to damage in transit across the pond to the US and then to the dealers.

It has no texture what so ever. The paint is smooth as glass. If it was the wrap they use, others should have the same issue..

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
The car was never covered with anything, and always kept clean. I even washed it when it was cold.

When the car was manufactured it was covered with white plastic to protect it from acid rain damage. It's removed before its delivered to the customer.
Likely it's a bad repair made in haste to get the car delivered on schedule.

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
I don't understand why it would just show up now. The cars always left outside due to the fact I live in a townhouse and have no garage.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I don't understand why it would just show up now. The cars always left outside due to the fact I live in a townhouse and have no garage.

Tons of things can happen.

Did you take it to National or somewhere else?

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
VW's version of crop circles... .. .:D

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
I really hope so, but like I said I tried to clay it with no results and im
Pretty sure it's below the clear coat