GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Hey, can you add this or something like it to the Retrofit & Hardware Mod Coding section?

L/R Parking Lights

I did this a few weeks ago, and it was not that easy to find definitive information about it. Would be nice to have it accesible for other members.

Strictly out of curiosity, why would you do this in the US, other than for the sake of doing it? I don't understand the purpose here. :iono:

ick

Ready to race!
Because we can.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

eduardot

Ready to race!
Strictly out of curiosity, why would you do this in the US, other than for the sake of doing it? I don't understand the purpose here. :iono:

Mostly for the sake of having it. Cool factor is a bonus. I have only used it once since I enabled it two or three weeks ago.

The reason to have it in this thread is just to make it easier to find. From my searching it was kind of an obscure subject. Some people had it working but they weren't sure if it was only coding on the Instruments controller, or if it had to do with wiring changes and byte 18 on Central Elect.

Last edited:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Mostly for the sake of having it. Cool factor is a bonus. I have only used it once since I enabled it two or three weeks ago.

The reason to have in this thread is just to make it easier to find. From my searching it was kind of an obscure subject. Some people had it working but they weren't sure if it was only coding on the Instruments controller, or if it had to do with wiring changes and byte 18 on Central Elect.

Oh I don't mind adding it if people think it's worth it. I am just trying to understand why you would do it.

If you've ever taken them time and gone through every menu and item in VCDS (which I have), there are a hundreds of things you can do. I didn't document most of them in this thread, because I was trying to keep the list to things people would actually want to do to the MK6. It's supposed to be a useful quick reference, not an all inclusive list.

Because we can.

Yes, you can clearly enable it, but when on earth would you use it, and why?

Either way, it's still in the thread.

eduardot

Ready to race!
Oh I don't mind adding it if people think it's worth it. I am just trying to understand why you would do it.

If you've ever taken them time and gone through every menu and item in VCDS (which I have), there are a hundreds of things you can do. I didn't document most of them in this thread, because I was trying to keep the list to things people would actually want to do to the MK6. It's supposed to be a useful quick reference, not an all inclusive list.

I understand your point about keeping it short. I've gone through most of the menus in VCDS, you are right about there being a lot of things, but most of them are labeled. In this case this feature is enabled as a side effect of other changes. I guess people can chime in to see if it's popular enough to be in the second post :thumbsup:

Uses:
- Parallel parking anywhere. Mostly on narrow or dark streets.
- Drooling over how cool your LED tail lights look when getting back to your car :D

Either way, it's still in the thread.

Posts in a thread get buried when it grows (Edit: already buried on the previous page). People don't read, so it's like it wasn't there. Sorry, I had to say this even though I said that people can chime in to say if it's useful ;)

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys im having issues with this one tweak it says that i was accepted but dont have the option

Lighting: Enable DRL Turn On/Off in MFI
Description: Under lighting in your MFI, you can check DRL's on or off (this is better than hard coding them off)
Check bit 7 of byte 15 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Pic tutorial: DRL MFA Menu

I have a 2010 GTI w/ Bi-Xenons

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys im having issues with this one tweak it says that i was accepted but dont have the option

Description: Under lighting in your MFI, you can check DRL's on or off (this is better than hard coding them off)

sorry dude, early 2010 or all 2010, you cannot get this menu. im not sure why

CC-Rider

I have a 2010 GTI too and the MFD for DRL on/off doesn't work either.

I assume because it refers to the LED DRls.

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!

I also have a 2010 with bixenons. Didn't work for me also :(

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Updated first post to reflect that the DRL MFI menu is 2011+ only so that others don't get frustrated/confused. If somebody figures it out, I'll obviously update the post.

zVp

Go Kart Champion

Nope - will work with non LED DRLs for 2011 and up. I'm not sure why 2010s have a problem with this coding.