GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cool Story Bro - The GTI Saved My Life Last Night

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
McQueen

aka

Ryan Gosling.

Sick story man. I woulda been driving like a mad man if I saw someone chasing me with a gun!!! Imagine if you were stage 3+ :laugh::burnrubber:

McQueen77

Banned
i'd have been in big trouble. my stage 1 feels slow as hell today. i prob couldnt have got away.

slow? shit man, i smoked that car. they couldn't touch me. some boat cadillac with a V6 or something.

P

plac

slow? shit man, i smoked that car. they couldn't touch me. some boat cadillac with a V6 or something.

i just mean today.. my stage 1 feels like stock. but its not in stock mode, i checked.. some days your car just doesnt feel good. prob since i took off that sweet neuspeed catback.. it just feels slower now..

McQueen77

Banned
i just mean today.. my stage 1 feels like stock. but its not in stock mode, i checked.. some days your car just doesnt feel good. prob since i took off that sweet neuspeed catback.. it just feels slower now..

now that you mention it, i went through that a few weeks ago. I dont know what it was but it felt like it wasnt pulling as hard. So i double checked and reset it to 91octane again, cycled through etc.. this car feels different every day sometimes, depending on weather, humidity, temp etc.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
yeah in hindsight I should have called, if not just to cover my ass in case I get pulled over for reckless driving. just explain the situation and say "i called it in, check with dispatch.." i seriously am pissed at myself for driving that way though. its unacceptable for a 35 year old man to be driving public streets like he is in a car chase scene.. this car makes you do funny things. i would never have done that in my old Tacoma..

Dude why are you pissed at yourself? Who gives a damn! Its a fight or flight situation, and you took flight (which is the right move). Although it may have been risky driving like that, you took that risk because you had to. Staying around and getting in trouble/shot was not an option. And if you had a gun shooting it out would have been an even worse option. You did what you NEEDED to do to stay safe and make it home to your wife, and that's all that matters.

D4UN7L355

EVOC Qualified
Glad everything turned out alright. Don't be afraid to call the cops. That's what you pay them for lol. Nothing like a late night gun run to break up a sleepy night.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Dude why are you pissed at yourself? Who gives a damn! Its a fight or flight situation, and you took flight (which is the right move). Although it may have been risky driving like that, you took that risk because you had to. Staying around and getting in trouble/shot was not an option. And if you had a gun shooting it out would have been an even worse option. You did what you NEEDED to do to stay safe and make it home to your wife, and that's all that matters.

Agree. I've been chased twice, both times by rednecks. Once I knew the reason, even though it was stupid, and the other time I have no idea. Neither was as scary as this, and both times the adrenaline was pumping like mad. Seems like you handled this as good as anybody could, McQueen, and you gave us a sweet stage 1 review, which I already mentioned. ;)

livefast

Ready to race!
This was actually a riveting tale. Make it into a short movie!

Glad you're okay man. I was thoroughly interested while reading the whole thing.

mikent256

Ready to race!
alright clint eastwood.

i live in california brah. and anyway, me vs. 4 cholo convict bros w/a gun or guns would = me being dead in my car. i have guns in our home, grew up in a rural area and know how to handle a firearm, but you can't roll with one in your car unless the ammo is locked away in your trunk x-distance away from your piece, so its kind of pointless.

Alright Steve McQueen.

It's not your fault the California law doesn't side with law-abiding citizens. But my point was mainly, a decision has to be made sometimes. Fight or flight. Laws need to change to support law-abiding citizens, not victimize them.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I work in Detroit and work late often, not once have I felt threatened. If Detroit has one major flaw it is emptiness. it is the only city I know of that it is quicker to go through then go around, most of the time the suburban freeways are busier than those in town. That being said if I was in the same situation I would have done the same thing.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Scary shit man. You earned your moniker that night McQueen. I love my flat boring state.

McQueen77

Banned
Alright Steve McQueen.

It's not your fault the California law doesn't side with law-abiding citizens. But my point was mainly, a decision has to be made sometimes. Fight or flight. Laws need to change to support law-abiding citizens, not victimize them.

i agree with you fully but that is not reality here. california is a very oppressive state in many ways, masquerading as something different entirely. you get shafted in many ways living here.

Scary shit man. You earned your moniker that night McQueen. I love my flat boring state.

how old are you? are you near lawrence kansas? one of my favorite bands when i was in highschool is from there. total early 90s, grunge flash in the pan band.. if you are my age, there is a chance you'd know about them.

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
That was great imagery. Well done. I can totally picture it.. but it's also raining in my mind. ;) Glad all turned out OK.

If you had dark tint this could have all been avoided. But living in CA I'm sure it's a lot riskier having <20%.

There's no way anybody can see through my 18% windows at night.

McQueen77

Banned
That was great imagery. Well done. I can totally picture it.. but it's also raining in my mind. ;) Glad all turned out OK.

If you had dark tint this could have all been avoided. But living in CA I'm sure it's a lot riskier having <20%.

There's no way anybody can see through my 18% windows at night.

true, except tint is a ticket here (like everything else that is a ticket) and i always roll with windows down