GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cool Story Bro - The GTI Saved My Life Last Night

PrittyCool1

Ready to race!
Wow interesting story.

I drove through that area for 5 years and I know how it is.

Similar thing happen to me by Macarthur Park. A built guy covered in tattoos and a bald head rear ended me in "his" well kept Lexus... He decides to drive normally and then tries to get away. He pulls into an ally and points a gun straight at me. I let him go from there.

Lovely neighborhood. :)

McQueen77

Banned
Wow interesting story.

I drove through that area for 5 years and I know how it is.

Similar thing happen to me by Macarthur Park. A built guy covered in tattoos and a bald head rear ended me in "his" well kept Lexus... He decides to drive normally and then tries to get away. He pulls into an ally and points a gun straight at me. I let him go from there.

Lovely neighborhood. :)

haha. yep, sounds about right. good old macarther park. such a pretty lake they have there..

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
that's fucking crazy. I WORK AROUND THERE. hard to imagine getting chased through koreatown. i wouldhave just jumped on the freeway and gotten out of there.

mikent256

Ready to race!
I work in Detroit and work late often, not once have I felt threatened. If Detroit has one major flaw it is emptiness. it is the only city I know of that it is quicker to go through then go around, most of the time the suburban freeways are busier than those in town. That being said if I was in the same situation I would have done the same thing.

I live just outside of Detroit. Downtown Detroit is roughly 75% safe depending on if you stay on main roads and businesses. Traveling downtown is no issue, nor is it to go to any games or concerts. The area of Detroit between the city and suburbia is where it gets uncomfortable in a hurry.

McQueen77

Banned
that's fucking crazy. I WORK AROUND THERE. hard to imagine getting chased through koreatown. i wouldhave just jumped on the freeway and gotten out of there.

wasnt through koreatown. was east of vermont on 3rd towards downtown. thats just no mans land. 'jumping on the freeway' would have required going all the way up alvarado or something to the 101 and hitting all those lights.. i was sort of making up my route as i went along..

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Wow that story is completely nuts.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Yeah I wouldn't feel at all bad about having to drive like that. Like someone else said, it's fight or flight sometimes and if your in your car then flight was definetly the best option (not that flight wouldn't have been the better option on foot in this case..).

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Costa

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, glad your alright bro!! Its funny you mentioned how much you love "Drive" seems like it played out for real. Your story was in my opinion better than the movie. You mention you work in the music biz. Who do you tour with?

JonRoth

Ready to race!
I have never been so engrossed in a story in a while. Your quite the story teller. Happy your ok. Wish you had the support of a couple Mk6'ers to fuck em up.

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Best stage 1 tune review I've read yet. :)

I nearly fell on the floor laughing when I read your post veedouble!

Know exactly how you feel, OP. When I was in college a friend of mine and I were driving down to Indiana University from Purdue when a navy Jeep Cherokee pulled along side his car and shot out our tires. He had a 3000GT with low profile tires and so we had 2 flat tires and a chase. We floored it to the airport exit and they swerved at the last second when they probably realized how many cops are at the airport, but doing 120 on 2 flat tires getting away from people shooting at you really makes you want to get the hell outta there.

Glad you are safe. Glad the GTI did you well.

99bajakid

Ready to race!
Los Angels gives me a weird vibe. I grew up in San Diego and spent some time up there, i got lost in east l.a. and stopped for directions. ..not a good idea. I was immediately surrounded (well 3) by some pretty tough looking black guys, I played it cool and just asked how to get back on to the freeway. Their response, 'you really don't want to be here kid'. well no shit.. luckily they were friendly enough and told me how to get back.

I've always wanted to see the watts tower, but google images will do.

on a related note, I had a similar situation happen to me when i was in highschool. Some douche threw a water bottle at my truck, so i chased him down to a stop light and basically asked "WTF?" he pointed a gun at me and said, "you got a problem with that?" i ran the light and so did he, he was chasing me with a pos Ford Taurus, i was in a pos ford ranger.. luckily i grew up in the area and knew some tricks to getting around where he couldn't follow. I led him down a residential area that butts up against a major road, but there's a curb/grass separating them. I hopped the curb and jetted off on the major road.

astro_zombies

Ready to race!
Glad you are safe man, but on the bright side you have an awesome story to tell! Like living in the wild west eh?

McQueen77

Banned
Los Angels gives me a weird vibe. I grew up in San Diego and spent some time up there, i got lost in east l.a. and stopped for directions. ..not a good idea. I was immediately surrounded (well 3) by some pretty tough looking black guys, I played it cool and just asked how to get back on to the freeway. Their response, 'you really don't want to be here kid'. well no shit.. luckily they were friendly enough and told me how to get back.

I've always wanted to see the watts tower, but google images will do.

on a related note, I had a similar situation happen to me when i was in highschool. Some douche threw a water bottle at my truck, so i chased him down to a stop light and basically asked "WTF?" he pointed a gun at me and said, "you got a problem with that?" i ran the light and so did he, he was chasing me with a pos Ford Taurus, i was in a pos ford ranger.. luckily i grew up in the area and knew some tricks to getting around where he couldn't follow. I led him down a residential area that butts up against a major road, but there's a curb/grass separating them. I hopped the curb and jetted off on the major road.

there are no black guys in east l.a. brah, but yeah, i hear you. its a shit hole but somehow i still love it. good parts and bad parts

tr_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
story

wow man really glad u got away i cant believe how many ppl in the U.S walk around carrying guns they really need to change law there......here in canada if ur with a gun automatically sent to jail an charged are u aloud to carry guns down there