GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cool Story Bro - The GTI Saved My Life Last Night

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
wow man really glad u got away i cant believe how many ppl in the U.S walk around carrying guns they really need to change law there......here in canada if ur with a gun automatically sent to jail an charged are u aloud to carry guns down there

Apparently Canada's used all their education funding on gun control. :)

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
wow man really glad u got away i cant believe how many ppl in the U.S walk around carrying guns they really need to change law there......here in canada if ur with a gun automatically sent to jail an charged are u aloud to carry guns down there

You are allowed to own a guns in Canada, but outside of range and your gun safe, they have to be in a locked case and transported in the trunk at all time. You are also not allowed to store guns and ammo in the same place.

mkstan15

Ready to race!
"When seconds count the police are only minutes away"

First I'll start by saying I'm glad the OP is safe. Second, this is the reason why I'm armed 99% of the time and refuse to go to states where I cannot carry. I understand and pray that I may never enter a situation where I need to use deadly force to prevent myself from being killed/seriously injured but you always gotta be prepared. Again, I think the OP did all he could other than maybe trying to call the cops while the situation was going down. Only he was there and can decide what was best for him at the point in time.

99bajakid

Ready to race!
there are no black guys in east l.a. brah, but yeah, i hear you. its a shit hole but somehow i still love it. good parts and bad parts

they were very tan Hispanics then that had that typical gangsta talk. ;)

tr_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
You are allowed to own a guns in Canada, but outside of range and your gun safe, they have to be in a locked case and transported in the trunk at all time. You are also not allowed to store guns and ammo in the same place.

that may be truu here but most ppl carry firearms mostly for hunting purposes not to carry around for protection like in the states

XZT123

Ready to race!

You're clueless about why owning guns and carrying guns is legal in the U.S. They don't need to change the law here, it's part of the constitutional bill of rights including free speech, etc.

Do you really think all the criminals are going to give up their guns when it becomes illegal? I talked to a guy from Canada that was a friend of mine, he said the same thing as you. He told me that criminals had guns and would mug you, but if you just gave them your money they probably wouldn't shoot you. Sounds nice!

Gun ownership is a crime deterrent. Imagine you are a home burglar. You can break into many homes and probably not get caught, eventually you may get caught, get one of the burglaries pinned on you, serve a little time get a slap on the wrist for first offense. In the U.S. if you break into someone's house, you might get SHOT.

Btw, I don't own a gun myself, but I support it. I don't want the government telling me what I can or cannot do anymore than they should. The main reason for the amendment to the US constitution is to protect people from the government itself and because you have a right to self-defense.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Do you really think all the criminals are going to give up their guns when it becomes illegal?
As a matter of fact the guys in question were undoubtedly breaking existing laws by carrying a gun, so passing laws that impose additional restrictions on law abiding citizens isn't going to do anything to stop criminals from carrying guns.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
You're clueless about why owning guns and carrying guns is legal in the U.S. They don't need to change the law here, it's part of the constitutional bill of rights including free speech, etc.

Do you really think all the criminals are going to give up their guns when it becomes illegal? I talked to a guy from Canada that was a friend of mine, he said the same thing as you. He told me that criminals had guns and would mug you, but if you just gave them your money they probably wouldn't shoot you. Sounds nice!

Gun ownership is a crime deterrent. Imagine you are a home burglar. You can break into many homes and probably not get caught, eventually you may get caught, get one of the burglaries pinned on you, serve a little time get a slap on the wrist for first offense. In the U.S. if you break into someone's house, you might get SHOT.

Btw, I don't own a gun myself, but I support it. I don't want the government telling me what I can or cannot do anymore than they should. The main reason for the amendment to the US constitution is to protect people from the government itself and because you have a right to self-defense.

I knew this would eventually turn into a gun discussion. The less accessible guns are (like in Canada) the less people have them, including the bad guys. Also the less guns there are, the less gun violence there is. You don't hear of many stories here of people shooting their neighbors or shooting someone in a road rage incident, it just doesn't happen. Kids also don't bring guns to school here.

I'm not bashing, it's your right as an American citizen and your choice whether or not to own a firearm. In this case of the OP as I said earlier, having a gun would have made things worse.

You also have to ask yourself, are you ready to kill someone? Are you willing to deal with the emotional side effects, legal issues, and the weight of actually taking someone's life? I sure as hell am not.

mkstan15

Ready to race!
I knew this would eventually turn into a gun discussion. The less accessible guns are (like in Canada) the less people have them, including the bad guys. Also the less guns there are, the less gun violence there is. You don't hear of many stories here of people shooting their neighbors or shooting someone in a road rage incident, it just doesn't happen. Kids also don't bring guns to school here.

I'm not bashing, it's your right as an American citizen and your choice whether or not to own a firearm. In this case of the OP as I said earlier, having a gun would have made things worse.

You also have to ask yourself, are you ready to kill someone? Are you willing to deal with the emotional side effects, legal issues, and the weight of actually taking someone's life? I sure as hell am not.

Im pretty sure there are laws against robbing banks, selling drugs, and killing people but I'm also pretty sure prisons are filled with people who have done these things. Less accessible doesn't mean less crime. Take for instance camden new jersey. Impossible to carry a weapon legally unless you're a politician. Now look at their crime rate. Coincidence? I think not. "When firearms are made criminal, only criminal will have firearms." Anyone who carries a deadly weapon who isn't prepared to use it if the time arises, should not have a weapon. You might like yiur government telling you what you can and can't do in your own home or for your own protection, but most Americans are greatful for the 2nd amendment. I'm not trying to bash you or take away from the severity of the op's incident but I think your and most liberal views on firearm ownership is delusional and unrealistic. If they could make an invention that could collect and destroy all weapons in the world, and I mean all, then I'd be all for it. Until that day I'd like to be in control of my own protection. Forgive and spelling/grammatical ertors, sent this from my phone.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Im pretty sure there are laws against robbing banks, selling drugs, and killing people but I'm also pretty sure prisons are filled with people who have done these things. Less accessible doesn't mean less crime. Take for instance camden new jersey. Impossible to carry a weapon legally unless you're a politician. Now look at their crime rate. Coincidence? I think not. "When firearms are made criminal, only criminal will have firearms." Anyone who carries a deadly weapon who isn't prepared to use it if the time arises, should not have a weapon. You might like yiur government telling you what you can and can't do in your own home or for your own protection, but most Americans are greatful for the 2nd amendment. I'm not trying to bash you or take away from the severity of the op's incident but I think your and most liberal views on firearm ownership is delusional and unrealistic. If they could make an invention that could collect and destroy all weapons in the world, and I mean all, then I'd be all for it. Until that day I'd like to be in control of my own protection. Forgive and spelling/grammatical ertors, sent this from my phone.

My views aren't delusion and un realistic. I live in a place where I don't feel the need to carry a weapon. I've never been in a situation that I even thought of it.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The point is: in almost the complete civilized world guns are banned. ;)
Most people are wonderung why the Americans can't live without guns.
I never had one in my hands. I don't miss it.

XZT123

Ready to race!

If I were put into a situation where I had to use force to protect myself and kill someone, it would not cause me everlasting emotion problems. It's also a lot better than being dead or otherwise. If I had to kill someone in self-defense, I would, guns or no guns (that's not really even part of the issue is it). I wouldn't feel be overly affected about feeling bad for the guy afterwards.

I suppose if you cannot reason that out and have emotional problems with it that's one thing, but to me it's just a logical conclusion that I had no choice. The only thing that would bother me some is just the scariness of the whole situation, I wouldn't be bothered that I was the one who came out on top.

By the way, keep in mind I said I do not own a gun, but I support the right to own one. If you want to buy into the perfect world where "civilized countries" don't needs guns, feel free, but I find that to be naive. There's no such thing as a utopia. In a practical world, you need weapons.

I don't disagree that there are some side-effects, some people who freak out and have a gun available and use it. Domestic violence, road rage, whatever.. but there's always trade-offs, nothing is 100%. Do you outlaw alchohol because in a perfect world no one "needs" it? It causes drunk driving accidents which kills more people probably than guns. Why not? Because we like our freedom to enjoy alcoholic beverages! And because in the US when they outlawed alcohol it became a huge criminal enterprise which funded criminal organizations... (and people still drank)

Last edited:

mkstan15

Ready to race!
If I were put into a situation where I had to use force to protect myself and kill someone, it would not cause me everlasting emotion problems. It's also a lot better than being dead or otherwise. If I had to kill someone in self-defense, I would, guns or no guns (that's not really even part of the issue is it). I wouldn't feel be overly affected about feeling bad for the guy afterwards.

I suppose if you cannot reason that out and have emotional problems with it that's one thing, but to me it's just a logical conclusion that I had no choice. The only thing that would bother me some is just the scariness of the whole situation, I wouldn't be bothered that I was the one who came out on top.

By the way, keep in mind I said I do not own a gun, but I support the right to own one. If you want to buy into the perfect world where "civilized countries" don't needs guns, feel free, but I find that to be naive. There's no such thing as a utopia. In a practical world, you need weapons.

I don't disagree that there are some side-effects, some people who freak out and have a gun available and use it. Domestic violence, road rage, whatever.. but there's always trade-offs, nothing is 100%. Do you outlaw alchohol because in a perfect world no one "needs" it? It causes drunk driving accidents which kills more people probably than guns. Why not? Because we like our freedom to enjoy alcoholic beverages! And because in the US when they outlawed alcohol it became a huge criminal enterprise which funded criminal organizations... (and people still drank)

+1 to you sir/madam. Theres no reasoning with some people. The same people who wish to ban guns are the same people who can afford to live in gated communities and pay for armed security. People need to seriously get real. My last comment on the entire gun situation because I don't want to detract from the OP's situation. Do canadian police have guns? Does the Canadian military have guns? I bet the answer is yes. If Canada is such a wondrous utopia, then why do you guys even need police or a military. I guess only "certain" people are allowed to have them