GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gauging Interest: MK6 Dyno Day at Komet Motorsports

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Little disappointed with mine and Adrian's Uni stage 2 results, but it's only 5hp difference. Something to note is I have fully stock intake and cat-back, but that's minor...

Good day, though!!!

i def felt like i got kicked in the balls when i saw my numbers. i have a plo intake and a billy boat catback, so you are correct to say those to things are minor gains

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
to add more salt on my wound look at 22 sec they claim stock is 200 hp 207 tq and stage 2 is 287/ 340.
my stock was around 196/201

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
It's common knowledge that the claimed numbers by tuners (whether it's Uni, APR, GIAC, or whoever) are nothing close to what you'll see at the wheels. And advertised numbers (200/207) are usually BHP, so be happy that our stock WHP is close to what VW claims. Honda claims the Civic Si (8th gen) has 197HP, but people dyno closer to 175WHP or less.

APR claims that with their Stage 2 software, TBE, and intake, you will make 274 hp / 314 tq. I guess the difference between APR and Unitronic is that Unitronic inflates their numbers more than APR already does, which is a lot.

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
holy shit, the RS4 run there was very low.. goddamn AWD on that thing. Chris - NICE results there.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The 2nd run he got 300hp, which is still like a 27% drivetrain loss

shit's so gay. And he was stick right/ cant remember if we had any autos in the US for that car?

I've tried telling people about the 27% thing and they don't believe me.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
IDK why drivetrain loss and BHP matters.. isn't WHP (what you put down on the road) the only thing that is relevant?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ultimately, yes.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
How;d you guys like Komet?

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Well, it was my 2nd time there (1st was the original dyno day when my racecar broke the computer), but Kurt and the staff are really nice. I just wish it wasn't so far away from my house

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Anyone who couldn't make it today interested in trying to get a third dyno day set up?