GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gauging Interest: MK6 Dyno Day at Komet Motorsports

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Was looking through the numbers again and realized that every APR tuned GTI had the Carbonio intake. I wonder how the numbers would change if one of the Uni guys put on a Carbonio intake, but I guess it's still weird that 1. a Stage 2 Uni with P-flo intake and BB TBE dynoed lower than a Stage 2 Uni with stock intake and ATP downpipe, and 2. a Stage 2 APR car will Carbonio intake and APR TBE had the 2nd lowest dyno numbers. I guess it's just manufacturing tolerances or carbon buildup differences, etc? :iono:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Anyone who couldn't make it today interested in trying to get a third dyno day set up?

I would be interested to bring the wife's car,so I'm down.And for those who ran already ,a 3rd time could be running higher fuel and 100+ race maps,etc.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Sounds good, I guess I'll contact Komet and see what they can do. Saturdays still work for everyone?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
How;d you guys like Komet?

i dynoed twice with them, very professional and honest. i would not hesitate to have any bigger work done by them. i live in chicago, so it is a little bit of a drive for me.
however, i would rather drive a little farther to do business with komet instead of having to deal with jason at mobile one which is much closer to me.

Anyone who couldn't make it today interested in trying to get a third dyno day set up?

yes, that would be awesome.

Was looking through the numbers again and realized that every APR tuned GTI had the Carbonio intake. I wonder how the numbers would change if one of the Uni guys put on a Carbonio intake, but I guess it's still weird that 1. a Stage 2 Uni with P-flo intake and BB TBE dynoed lower than a Stage 2 Uni with stock intake and ATP downpipe, and 2. a Stage 2 APR car will Carbonio intake and APR TBE had the 2nd lowest dyno numbers. I guess it's just manufacturing tolerances or carbon buildup differences, etc? :iono:

i noticed your observations that too. matas is catless that might make up for a little power gains. also Hautey has a modshack intake, so clearly those types of intakes that are right on the grill are the best. i am curious to see how the uni intake will do, if it ever comes out. i wouldn't mind putting that on to see if there are any changes .

who wants to tell Plac the bad news that the P-flo intake is the worst performing intake compared to modshack and carbonio? we have video to prove it

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
who wants to tell Plac the bad news that the P-flo intake is the worst performing intake compared to modshack and carbonio? we have video to prove it

:bellyroll:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Agreed, could be the intake possibly, or just different cars - it was only what, 5whp tho?? that's really nothing, it could have dyno';d stock 5whp higher than the other car.

i dynoed twice with them, very professional and honest. i would not hesitate to have any bigger work done by them. i live in chicago, so it is a little bit of a drive for me.
however, i would rather drive a little farther to do business with komet instead of having to deal with jason at mobile one which is much closer to me.

Yes indeed, Komet are great guys. I will be doing my paddle shifters and hopefully the S3 steering wheel there.

LOL @ plac comment....

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
NFG Racing does not allow any members with less than stage 2 setups on their cars. You are only allowed a probationary membership, which includes mandatory time to be spent with Scott.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Ok. I've been working double shifts since the dyno day so I haven't been able to put my 2 cents in. I do think the mustang reads low, and like everyone else I was a little disappointed at the numbers.
But after seeing 290/300 out of the Audi, it does put it into perspective.
What I wasn't disappointed at was my hp./ torque curve. The torque curve was great, and the hp. stayed flat from about 4200-6500. A dyno is a good tool to compare performance, but it shouldn't be taken to seriously. The way the car drives, and your " butt dyno" are way more important than numbers.

All together it was a fun day, it was nice to finally meet some of you guys, and I would be pleased to do it again. Next time we need a stock, a stage 1, and someone running 100 octane.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
that RS4 is what 340 bhp or 400 from the factory?

VINNY1

Ready to race!
I thought it was 415.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow, if thats the case.. goddamn.