GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
If it's the old type (red color) you may have to just a little. I think they did away with it now and offer a product called "slate" which will strip the waxes off the car.

No it's the yellow stuff

It said 1oz per 5 gallons. My bucket is only half that so I used a measuring shot glass to get my half an ounce. The wax stripping ability is actually the reason I bought it in the first place. Perfect start to a detail day.

See....that's why I originally bought it, for stripping off the old "stuff" for a detail.

And that's why I'm wondering/asking if it's good for a normal wash soap too? (from what you guys are saying)

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
No it's the yellow stuff

See....that's why I originally bought it, for stripping off the old "stuff" for a detail.

And that's why I'm wondering/asking if it's good for a normal wash soap too? (from what you guys are saying)

Yellow stuff (citrus wash and gloss) does not completely strip. It's "wax safe" according to their website. The older version just called "citrus wash" and was red DID strip wax and sealants. I think citrus wash and gloss is pretty strong stuff though and leaves a real slick surface so I like it. They now have the slate product which strips. Or you can use dawn. Or do what I do and just not worry about it if you plan on claying because that will remove everything anyway :)

You could also do an IPA wipe down at any point to remove old waxes. It's a 70/30 mixture id isopropyl alcohol. Then dilute with water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
At the shop now getting fuel filter, tire rotation, alignment and state inspection.

Turns out i have a wheel with two hub rings on it and one with none. Might explain the vibration i was getting, which i had blamed on needing an alignment.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
doublepost. sorry

Update: ordered new hub rings from tirerack using the link in the wheels&tires forum, which i hope worked to help support the site. friendly reminder to all that this is a thing.

Last edited:

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
At the shop now getting fuel filter, tire rotation, alignment and state inspection.

Turns out i have a wheel with two hub rings on it and one with none. Might explain the vibration i was getting, which i had blamed on needing an alignment.

Wow who did that for you?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Going to finally get my dsg tune. Anything to expect? :)

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Yep.

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I look forward to our conversation lol