GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I can't speak from experience, I know that there are older threads expressing a concern for water or condensation screwing up the MAF with it mounted this way. Like I said, I can't speak to the legitimacy of it. I do agree that it looks way nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like an extremely valid point. There's is indeed moisture throughout the intake system so it's not far fetched to imagine that that is a possibility. I personally have mine at a 45 towards the engine to clear the hood if need be. After this comment it's gonna stay right where it is. Lol thanks guys.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like an extremely valid point. There's is indeed moisture throughout the intake system so it's not far fetched to imagine that that is a possibility. I personally have mine at a 45 towards the engine to clear the hood if need be. After this comment it's gonna stay right where it is. Lol thanks guys.

I guess it just depends where you live? Here in LA it's always pretty much hot

Krog29

Ready to race!
New brakes, rotors, oil, trans fluid, sparks and installed a gfb dv+. Turned 80k

Renck

Ready to race!
Fixed an annoying dent at my leather back sit:

Before

After

It is still a bit noticeable, but much better than before.

How it was done did you ask?

https://youtu.be/_C11NDcOWS0

Renck

Ready to race!
When it isn't 95 degrees I am going to try that. Thanks for the tip!

:w00t:

Just go easy when applying heat to the area, keep checking at the leather to ensure you are not going to over do it (burn it). I can keep applying heat to the area, but it give it a rest for the moment. I want to do some cleaning and conditioning at the leather seats. So, for today it was enough.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I installed my intake this morning after I got home from work.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!

93serprise

Ready to race!
Swapped my Alzor 081 center caps with these...

These wheels were meant for Audi so the center bore is something like 66.6mm so I bought these from china...they look and fit great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162100469040

I have the same wheels and need those caps ! ;) Do based on what you liked, i need to buy the 60mm caps right ? Not 66mm ?

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I have the same wheels and need those caps ! ;) Do based on what you liked, i need to buy the 60mm caps right ? Not 66mm ?

Well, I ordered these wheels not realizing they were 66.6, ECS sold the 57.1 but I think the center caps aren't relevant to the center bore. I tried using my old caps off the detroits and they were a little smaller. Just measure your Alzor caps and convert to metric and if it's 60mm than order these caps using the link. They look sexy. Pretty good quality for Chinese. Inexpensive too.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Took her out to Angeles Crest.

Sexy, which FMIC is that and also where or how did you get that sun strip on the windshield? I wanna go that route possibly using color matched vinyl but I don't like how some people have the corners angled lower than the rest of the strip where the strip meets the edge of the windshield because the vinyl is straight. Yours doesn't look like it does that and I've seen it where it looks like it curves with the windshield the entire length.